Allowing new spells

dpmcalister

Explorer
I'm about to kick off my new Skull & Bones campaign (well, it's a one-off taster first to see if the group like it) and I've got the Spell Compendium which I'm thinking about using.

Has anyone out there had a look through it and, if so, are there any particular spells that may be of use to bokor and hougan?

If there's no replies, I'll do it myself but I'm lazy that way ;)

RichGreen

Adventurer
dpmcalister said:
I'm about to kick off my new Skull & Bones campaign (well, it's a one-off taster first to see if the group like it) and I've got the Spell Compendium which I'm thinking about using.

Has anyone out there had a look through it and, if so, are there any particular spells that may be of use to bokor and hougan?

If there's no replies, I'll do it myself but I'm lazy that way ;)

Hi,

There were some very nasty spells like Wither Limb and Shrivelling in the Book of Vile Darkness. Some of these have ended up in the Spell Compendium.

Cheers

Richard

RichGreen

Adventurer
dpmcalister said:
Thanks. Wither Limb looks perfect :]

BTW, another Palace fan eh? ;)

Yes, regrettably, based on current form, I still have a season ticket! I'm amazed to have come across someone on else who supports them on this particular bit of the EnWorld boards -- you can see the tumbleweed rolling past on most days! What about you?

BTW, we're having a blast playing Skull & Bones! The trick is not to get too bogged down in all the stuff about winds and sailing speeds, or indeed, ship to ship combat until you get to the boarding action.

Cheers

Richard

dpmcalister

Explorer
I've been a Palace fan for years (my mother's family live(d) in South Norwood).

As for Skull & Bones. Good advice. I want to try and capture a fast flowing feel so getting bogged down is most certainly off the agenda ;)

I'm going to run the scenario from the back of the rules first (leading on to the freebie download from the GR website, and then the Governor's Prize series in B&B). The guys all seem very keen to try it (especially as it's d20 so they don't have to learn too many new rules ;)) so it should be promising.

RichGreen

Adventurer
I didn't bother with the adventure in the back of the book but have run the first two Governor's Prize adventures and have kicked off the third one alongside my own plotlines. Buccanneers & Bokor comes out so infrequently that I'm probably going to have to write my own Part 4.

Can you post how your game goes on here? Are you starting it soon?

Cheers

Richard

dpmcalister

Explorer
I might drop in other scenarios (I've a nice collection of the first 100 (or so) issues of Dungeon ;)). I'm hoping that, by the time I get to running part four, that issue of B&B will be out :D

As for the game itself, the taster sessions (2 of them) start in three weeks. I've never posted Story Hour or Actual Play threads before, but I can give it a go ;)

RichGreen

Adventurer
dpmcalister said:
I've never posted Story Hour or Actual Play threads before, but I can give it a go ;)

Neither have I. The story hour posts are just the email I send to the players afterwards so that anyone who missed the game knows what happened.

Cheers

Richard

Remove ads