• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Allowing PCs to be heroic

Steverooo

First Post
Errant said:
I think the most heroic thing any of my players ever did was when a ranger willingly gave his prized flame tongue longsword to some villagers that had been plagued by trolls and undead, knowing they could give him nothing for it. I knew the player loved that sword but the villagers explained they could pretend he was still around protecting the village even after he had to leave, and he immediately handed it over without a word! And this was AFTER he had already lept off the town wall, into a group of trolls and undead pounding on the gates with a ram during a night time attack - alone, without most of his armor after rushing out of bed to join the defense. He barely survived.

What to do with the Sword of Welleran, eh? (Anyone else remember that short story?) :p

Rafael Ceurdepyr

First Post
Rel said:
The Halfling Rogue/Cleric in my Eberron campaign bailed a baker out of a financial jam with the mob. It wasn't a lot of money to the PC but the baker was looking at having his business foreclosed on. Since then the baker has had his little girl drop off a basket of warm pastries on the PC's doorstep every morning. The PC loves this and he is constantly reminded that his small act of kindness made a big difference to someone.

What a great example! Thanks!

tensen

First Post
gizmo33 said:
That's what I want to know. Maybe ask your mentor what it means when it comes to people's PCs in a DnD game. If the PCs have 10 times as many hitpoints as a commoner, I would figure most of what they do is heroic.

What's a PCs "inner workings"?

Inner workings?
It is what you see after a dragon rends them <grin>

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads