Alt. Sorcerer Domain New Thread

dagger

Adventurer
I am just keeping the thread going. Here is the link to the old thread on the other board (the old board is closed temporaily):

Old Thread

To get to Vrylakos' version of the Alt. Sorcerer go to his campaign site at,

The Shards Campaign Setting , then click on 'UPDATES' and you will see it.

If anyone wants to add any versions or revisions, or even post more from the old thread, go for it.[

Last edited:

Vrylakos

First Post
Domain Sorcery

Ok... got the forums to work. I'll be posting a revised version of the system soon.

Hopefully will get the sample characters soon!

VRYLAKOS

Vrylakos

First Post
Thanks

Thank you, Dagger.
I just got the first of the domain sorcerers from my new players last weekend. Wistrelle Ash, Leyline-born Velsephayan aelven (racial stats on my website). I'll try to decipher the chicken-scratch in the next day or so... I would do it tonight but I am working under sleep deprivation...

VRYLAKOS

Vrylakos

First Post
Sample Domain Sorcerer Up

Hello there!

I finally got the first sample domain sorcerer up. She's a Velsephayan Aelven, 10th level, Leyline-Born.

Her race is from my campaign setting. If you head there via the link in my sig, hit the Updates button, and you'll see her in the most recent update: her entire character sheet, such as it is, at 10th level.

Any feedback or thoughts would be great. Also, anyone checked out Monte Cook's alternate sorcerer? Very cool, but probably not compatible with the Domain System, as they sort of try and fix the same problems in different ways.

VRYLAKOS

Vrylakos

First Post
Apparently I've had too many hits on my site and the server shut me down. SO... no access to the sample domain sorcerer.
I'll update when its up again.

VRYLAKOS

Mr. Draco

First Post
i want to say thank you for developing the alt.sorcerer system. I talked to my DM about it, and upon deciding that it was balanced and that it fit my character concept MUCH better than the PHB sorcerer, he let me convert my character to the alt.sorcerer system. It's great for all the RP aspects.

My character is a house-ruled air genasi (drowdude's template) sorcerer 4. It's great :)

Vrylakos

First Post
Great!

Mr. Draco,

I'm glad that you liked the system, and I hope you have fun with it! Give me any feedback you can after you've tried it for a while. Also, I'm always hunting for sample Domain Sorcerers. I've got two in my campaign and posted one of them the other day, but I'd love to see yours, and if you were willing, post it as another sample of the domain sorcerer next to the Domain system on my website (of course you'd be given full credit for the character). What would be REALLY cool would be periodic updates (the sorcerers in my game started at level 10) so we could see your sorcerer grow. But hey, I'm getting all caught up in the idea... Let me know if you might be cool with it.

VRYLAKOS/Darren

Vrylakos

First Post
If it's not too much to ask...

... would you be able to do both? People might like seeing another sample character...

VRYLAKOS/Darren

Remove ads