Amazon Classifies D&D As Health, Fitness, & Dieting Books

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/22/dungeons-and-dragons-amazon-health-book/ So healthy! It must be all those Cheetos and healing potions. And maybe Satan? Weird, that's all I can think of to say about it.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
"Games" often get lumped in with "Sports" in book classification systems, and it's easy to see how Sports end up in Amazon's Health & Fitness category.

Elf_flambe

Explorer
This is almost certainly due to a weirdness in Amazon's categorization algorithms. But then, many druids do live a healthy, natural lifestyle. Can "Volo's Guide to Waterdeep Juice Bars" be far away?

Coroc

Hero
Well it's healthy for your brain to use it as it for your Psyche because it is fun, Fitness not so much, and diet .... man if i consider the amount of Chips and jellybeans available at my table every session - nope.

Sadras

Legend
Well it's healthy for your brain to use it as it for your Psyche because it is fun, Fitness not so much, and diet .... man if i consider the amount of Chips and jellybeans available at my table every session - nope.

Maybe it is a move to get roleplayers to be more health conscious.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
This is almost certainly due to a weirdness in Amazon's categorization algorithms. But then, many druids do live a healthy, natural lifestyle. Can "Volo's Guide to Waterdeep Juice Bars" be far away?

Now see, where I grew up the term "Juice Bar" had a very different meaning than its current obvious literal one, and describes the types of establishments I have a much easier time picturing Volo patronizing.

He would need to smuggle in his own booze, of course

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Honestly, I wonder how much it’s the Games issue that Rabulias posits and how much it might be the various references to strength, constitution, healing, exhaustion, disease, poison, athletics, grappling etc. that appear throughout the text. It’s strangely easy to see how a bot that crawls through keywords to organize boooks for categories could put D&D in that group.

Remove ads

Remove ads