Amazon has been sued due to introducing Ads

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Unfortunately, it's the wave of the future.

Ads are incredibly lucrative. So it makes sense for streaming services to have an ad-supported version that's really cheap (to entice people) and then jack up the price on the ad-free version.

Maybe I'm from Mars, but is anyone else (1) in the habit of ignoring ads, (2) dis-inclined to buy from online ads that pierce their awareness?

I find very very few ads to be of use. When I need to buy something I do some queries and figure out what to get. Ads and search placement are huge noise barriers for my purchases.

Ok, maybe I'm from Mars, anyways.

TomB

R_J_K75

Legend
Maybe I'm from Mars, but is anyone else (1) in the habit of ignoring ads,
No, I'm the same way. I was thinking earlier today while replying to this thread that there was a TV commercial on a few years ago that every time it came on, I just zoned out and it took about 6 months before I finally realized what the ad was for. It was so important, and I just had to have it that I forgot what the commercial was and what they were trying to sell me in about 3 seconds. Although the Flex Seal and Alien Tape commercials are funny, dudes just nonchalantly paddling around in an alligator swamp in a boat he sawed in half then fixed with a screen door and some duct tape...err Flex Seal. Good as new!!

I was thinking that this lawsuit does seem pretty ridiculous. Is someone really going to be watching Turner and Hooch on Prime when it's interrupted by a Papa John's commercial, snap because that's not what they signed up for, and then go on a crime spree? I highly doubt it and seems like there's more important things in life to worry about IMO.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I love that movie!! Hang on Im going to see if its on Prime now. That is a movie that deserves a sequel with another character and different yet similar plot.

EDIT: Nope $2.99 to rent :mad:
images

Ryujin

Legend
No, I'm the same way. I was thinking earlier today while replying to this thread that there was a TV commercial on a few years ago that every time it came on, I just zoned out and it took about 6 months before I finally realized what the ad was for. It was so important, and I just had to have it that I forgot what the commercial was and what they were trying to sell me in about 3 seconds. Although the Flex Seal and Alien Tape commercials are funny, dudes just nonchalantly paddling around in an alligator swamp in a boat he sawed in half then fixed with a screen door and some duct tape...err Flex Seal. Good as new!!

I was thinking that this lawsuit does seem pretty ridiculous. Is someone really going to be watching Turner and Hooch on Prime when it's interrupted by a Papa John's commercial, snap because that's not what they signed up for, and then go on a crime spree? I highly doubt it and seems like there's more important things in life to worry about IMO.
In the category of "What's that commercial about?"

Remove ads