• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon not yet shipping Ptolus?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Preordered through old White Wolf and have received it. Got it before Gen Con.

Sounds like Corithian got a good deal though. You gotta find out where he shops! He's da cool man! :cool:

Agamon

Adventurer
I was going to come in here and tell everyone that my book was shipped yesterday form Amazon. Then I decided to actually go look at the email. They're only sending me Big Daddy Red, not Ptolus. Ah well, as long as I don't get charged for it, it's not a biggie. I only have a passing interest in it, so I'm not willing to pay more for it than Amazon is offering it for.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Crothian said:
I got it from RPGshop for 90 and I still got the bonus module and the free swag they offer and 5% cash back into my account. It came in three days, I was very pleased with it all.

Got the same deal when I ordered from Stiggybaby.com, except I got like an extra 5% off becasue I ordered the week of Gen Con. AWESOMENESS!!!!

Ambrus

Explorer
I got a response from amazon to my inquiry:
amazon said:
Our latest information indicates that "Ptolus City by the Spire" has
not yet been released and the expected release date is not known. As
soon as a release date has been determined, we will add that
information to our web site.

While we are confident that copies will be made available, we cannot
provide more precise information about the fulfillment of the order.
Not much useful information there. :\

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Dark Psion said:
Personally I do not blame Amazon for this, the fault falls on Monte Cook for forgeting that not all gamers have a Friendly Local Game Shop.

I blame Monte for thinking that gamers should be forced to support stores, period. Bad enough that the product is priced out of the reach of a lot of gamers, now only certain stores he approves of (and fits his version of ethics) can carry it? :mad:

6pakofdwarves

First Post
trancejeremy said:
I blame Monte for thinking that gamers should be forced to support stores, period. Bad enough that the product is priced out of the reach of a lot of gamers, now only certain stores he approves of (and fits his version of ethics) can carry it? :mad:

Well, he did say that the book was not for everyone, just a very specific audience. So in a sense you are right to "blame" him. I preordered from WW, got all the extra's, and the Delvers Guild site. And I gotta say, it was all more than worth the $120.

Crothian

First Post
trancejeremy said:

He isn't forcing you do to a darn thing. Everyone has a choice to buy it or not, and even if you don't want to buy from a gaming store there are on line retailers that are selling it. Amazon just doesn't have it now. My magic 8 ball is unable to see if they will get it but it seems likely. ;)

Though I do find it funny someone how obviously isn't going to buy it is complaining on where he can buy it. :lol:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads