Amazon Orders

Derek -- do you actually have the books in hand yet? What's our guarantee that if we order from you at this point you'll have the stock to cover the orders?

My fear is that if I change my order at this point, you'll be overwhelmed with orders -- and we'll be on backorder yet again.

(Not that my buy.com order is in jeopardy at all, yet. But I'm willing to consider options. TC's been good people around EN World.)

Vocenoctum

First Post
John Crichton said:
It's too bad you feel that way. I have used PayPal for years (and ordered from TC using it) and I have never once had a problem. They are very secure and have good customer service. It is a viable business model, IMO.

Take that as you will. ;)

I primarily used it for various firearm related transactions. When Ebay got Paypal, they applied their policy of No Firearms related stuff.
So, paypal is dead to me.
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=firearms

John Crichton

First Post

Paladin

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Derek -- do you actually have the books in hand yet? What's our guarantee that if we order from you at this point you'll have the stock to cover the orders?

My fear is that if I change my order at this point, you'll be overwhelmed with orders -- and we'll be on backorder yet again.

(Not that my buy.com order is in jeopardy at all, yet. But I'm willing to consider options. TC's been good people around EN World.)
Derek says:"I don't have them yet, I'll get them very early on the 18th. I talked to my distributor today. They said they've only pre-sold 1/3 of their total order, so there will be hundreds of copies of all 3 books at the warehouse. The distributor said they've been bugging WotC to make sure everything is good to go for the 18th release."

Coik

First Post
John Crichton said:

If you waited too long and are on the backorder list...

That's what I'm guessing happened to mine.

Originally posted by Paladin
Derek says: $67.38 + $24.95 overnight (get there Saturday)for all 3 books = $92.33 total.

You can get them to me by the 19th? Derek, you my ninja.

John Crichton

First Post
Coik said:
That's what I'm guessing happened to mine.
That stinks. You'd think a big place like that would have a huge supply of these things ready to go. But I don't think they (or anyone else) anticipated the huge amount of people that would be buying these books. I know I didn't.

sithramir

First Post
TalonComics.... Please respond to my email when you get a chance. It still hasn't been upgraded to overnight nor did you send the 20 buck shipping charge yet.

dsfriii

First Post
Well I have no problem waiting for Amazon to ship. They have updated the shipping date to July 14th and because I talked to them they will be shipping them two day delivery. I really can not believe people are willing to pay about $25 dollar for over night shipping...

Enceladus

First Post
dsfriii said:
Well I have no problem waiting for Amazon to ship. They have updated the shipping date to July 14th and because I talked to them they will be shipping them two day delivery. I really can not believe people are willing to pay about $25 dollar for over night shipping...

Its called mass hysteria. :)

Remove ads