Amazon Orders

Vocenoctum

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:

You're being overly paranoid. I order lots of things from Amazon, and they just don't do things like that. Besides, I got a response this morning and I got the $5 thing too, and I've used it already at that. Simply managed to catch them at the perfect time, and instead of getting the comments the others were getting, we got the new one since they're now definatly in. Amazon doesn't usually ship on weekends, so its going to be mid next week by the time I get them. And if you need proof they aren't just messing with you, Psi is right. They are now listed as "In Stock" and shipping in 2-3 days on the PHB page.

:cool:

They sent me the "upgrade to second day for no extra charge" email. But then they charged me the regular price for regular shipping, except I was supposed to get FREE shipping...
blah

delkain

First Post
FYI - I have recieved notification today from Amazon that my order has shipped.

I placed my order on June 10th...

I also ordered all 3 books.

Delkain

Last edited:

ForceUser

Explorer
delkain said:
FYI - I have recieved notification today from Amazon that my order has shipped.

I placed my order on June 10th...

Delkain
Heh.

I placed my order on April 27th and they are saying my MM and DMG are about to ship, but not the PHB. Grr.

Seule

Explorer
My Amazon.ca books are still listed as not shipped, estimate Feb 4-Feb 10. If others are getting confirmation of shipping, I'm wondering if I should contact them.

--Seule

Farganger

First Post
Mine haven't shipped from Amazon.com yet, although they still show a July 8 estimated delivery date.

The order isn't even in process yet, and the fact that people are getting partial deliveries tempts me to cancel it and just pick them up at some bricks and mortar bookseller . . .

I emailed to ask why my order hadn't shipped yet.

In reply, they changed my ship date from July 8th to July 17 or 18th. Ergo, I dropped in priority. On the other hand, I've now got second-day shipping for free.

It's a tossup. If I go elsewhere, I might get them quicker, but I'd then have to pay about $20 more.

I just got an e-mail saying mine have been shipped.

To those considering changing your order. Here's my suggestion. I'd say stick with your order and be patient unless you desperatly have to have them right away. I'm the kind of person to just place one order, and not change at all. Never understood all the jumping around to get the quickest...though it is kind of funny to see everyone that ordered from Walmart suddenly cancel thier orders. But that's a different story....:D

Iron_Chef

First Post
Wal-Mart Rulz! Amazon Droolz!

Everyone who bought from Amazon got cheated, IMO, on both price and delivery time.

Wal-Mart.com sold me the 3.5 books for 41% off cover, that's just $17.62 per book, and I'm getting mine Tuesday the 15th!

Buy.com was only slightly more expensive by about 30 cents per book. Barnes & Noble was about Amazon's price (or around $21.50 each with a "reader's advantage" card), but they said only the PHB was "in stock."

I think I made the right choice, as the Wal-Mart savings was used to upgrade to Overnight Shipping and toss in an extra d20 book AND still I saved tons of money off cover price. Yeeha!!! :D

Vocenoctum

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:
I emailed to ask why my order hadn't shipped yet.

In reply, they changed my ship date from July 8th to July 17 or 18th. Ergo, I dropped in priority. On the other hand, I've now got second-day shipping for free.

Note: if it's like mine, they gave you an upgrade to 2nd day, but now are charging you for regular shipping. ($6 or thereabouts) as opposed to free shipping.

Remove ads