D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
We are within 12 months of the new PHB now: they have to stop printing the old one eventually
of course!
Now isn't the time. They haven't finalized printing for the 2024 version yet. So the printers have bandwidth and the public clearly wants to give Hasbro money

Zardnaar

Legend
The rankings aren't a reflection of people posting about it online.

I'm aware. I haven't bought anything from Amazon since 2014 when I found out about their labour practices.

Or do I promote them online.

This sales rankings are built on the backs of the exploited.

Congratulations on cheering that on?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
of course!
Now isn't the time. They haven't finalized printing for the 2024 version yet. So the printers have bandwidth and the public clearly wants to give Hasbro money
At the clearance prices, at least: but they have to clear the pipeline sooner rather than later, not many 2014 books will likely sell once they, say, reveal the covers and release date for the new books.

4E gives a pretty poor comparison, since to my knowledge it never even got a second printing after the initial 2008 run. Anyone remember how 2E, 3E and 3.5 core books were Sunsetted...?

I know TSR kept selling the 1E books for years after 1989, Because Of Course They Did.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'm aware. I haven't bought anything from Amazon since 2014 when I found out about their labour practices.

Correcting a false statement isn't cheering on the sales

Parmandur

Book-Friend

Remote, material cooperation. The interest is more the general sales of a major element of our hobby. I don't buy games on Amazon, personally, though I literally have to buy shows from them.

At the clearance prices, at least: but they have to clear the pipeline sooner rather than later, not many 2014 books will likely sell once they, say, reveal the covers and release date for the new books.

4E gives a pretty poor comparison, since to my knowledge it never even got a second printing after the initial 2008 run. Anyone remember how 2E, 3E and 3.5 core books were Sunsetted...?

I know TSR kept selling the 1E books for years after 1989, Because Of Course They Did.
And I remember Barnes and Noble still having 4e books for sale on their website in 2016. I forget which ones, but I saw them when I was looking at getting into 5e.

You’re probably right though that sales will probably decline once they officially unveil some cover art and give a release date. I just wonder how many of these new PHBs are being sold to people who have no idea there’s a new version coming out. Slightly different audience but I actually talked someone out of buying a PF2e Core Rulebook about a month ago because the person just didn’t know they had new core books coming out in a couple weeks. I think we tend to overestimate how informed people are about the things they choose to buy. Internet buzz doesn’t translate into widespread public knowledge.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
And I remember Barnes and Noble still having 4e books for sale on their website in 2016. I forget which ones, but I saw them when I was looking at getting into 5e.

You’re probably right though that sales will probably decline once they officially unveil some cover art and give a release date. I just wonder how many of these new PHBs are being sold to people who have no idea there’s a new version coming out. Slightly different audience but I actually talked someone out of buying a PF2e Core Rulebook about a month ago because the person just didn’t know they had new core books coming out in a couple weeks. I think we tend to overestimate how informed people are about the things they choose to buy. Internet buzz doesn’t translate into widespread public knowledge.
True...but thisnis the last Holiday gift season before they do the full-press sell for the new books, so it's basically the perfect time to empty the stock organically with these crazy low prices.

Remove ads