Amazon's LotR show - first look

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Looks like the Two Trees in the background, which would make the city Val(i)mar.

Might be a flashback.
Definitely the Two Trees, which puts this image back in the First Age (or before it, if you reckon the First Age as starting with the Years of the Sun). I think the city is Tirion, looking west through the Calacirya, though. Either way, it's a gorgeous image and a great tease for what is to come!

Ryujin

Legend
The second age was almost 3500 years long. I wonder when during the second age it will be set.
If they get multiple seasons then they could space them hundreds, or even thousands of years apart and only retain the actors that they really wanted/had to. Lots of points in The Silmarillion that they could use for jumping off points. If I was to guess, two stand out somewhat to me; The Forging of the Rings of Power, and The Fall of Numenor. Both have political intrigue and action, to a greater or lesser degree.

Rune

Once A Fool
Amazon spends over a billion for a space flight
People: WTH! How about paying your employees a living wage!
Amazon spends over a billion for a fantasy show
People: Ooohhhh.....pretty!

Yeah, I'm just as guilty lol
To be fair, half of that was spent on securing a license.

The second age was almost 3500 years long. I wonder when during the second age it will be set.

I would have to look at the spoilers/leaks again, but I thought I read that a disguised Sauron would not appear in season one, or not until the end, so I think all of season one will be fore Numenor is destroyed, or even corrupted, by Sauron. Maybe season one is the introduction to Numenor and the main characters, season two is the corruption, season two ends with, or season three starts with, the destruction, and the rest of season three, and future seasons, are about the founding of their kingdoms on the mainland?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I would have to look at the spoilers/leaks again, but I thought I read that a disguised Sauron would not appear in season one, or not until the end, so I think all of season one will be fore Numenor is destroyed, or even corrupted, by Sauron. Maybe season one is the introduction to Numenor and the main characters, season two is the corruption, season two ends with, or season three starts with, the destruction, and the rest of season three, and future seasons, are about the founding of their kingdoms on the mainland?
Sauron disguised himself more than once, though. It could also be centered around the forging of the rings of power.

reelo

Hero
Looks like the Two Trees in the background, which would make the city Val(i)mar.

Might be a flashback.
Not Valimar. Tirion. This picture (probably) shows the Calacirya, with the Pelori mountains flanking the hill of Túna and the city of Tirion. The Two Trees seem to be in the background.

The person in the foreground looks like Director Krennic from Rogue One.

GreyLord

Legend
I heard rumors they wanted to make it GoT like. If it has the nudity, adult material, and other items from GoT I don't think it's going to be very LotR like no matter how pretty they make it.

One image is not enough to make a judge of how good or bad it will be, though it may be an indication of how pretty they can make it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases