• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ambiguously Gendered Return of 'What is the Hivemind?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Steve Jung said:
*raises hand* Um. Mr. Arden. I never learned about matrices. :heh:
I am too.
Don't worry about what the matrix then. Just assume that its a magic square of numbers that when you multiply it by itself enough times, the Fibonacci numbers will magically appear for you in the upper-left corner of the square

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
OK. Now the fun part.

Now if you're following, you can tell me my secret method :)

nope. You lost me at matrix.
I spent several hours last semester trying to square a 5x5 matrix
It didn't need to be squared, just running the data through twice was acceptable. I knew this and I was trying to see I could do it
the answer was no.
now just considering them makes my head hurt.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
nope. You lost me at matrix.
I spent several hours last semester trying to square a 5x5 matrix
It didn't need to be squared, just running the data through twice was acceptable. I knew this and I was trying to see I could do it
the answer was no.
now just considering them makes my head hurt.
Follow my advice from above--pretend its not a matrix. Its just some variable that gives you the Fibonacci numbers when you multiply by itself :)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
Follow my advice from above--pretend its not a matrix. Its just some variable that gives you the Fibonacci numbers when you multiply by itself :)

Okay I'll see what I can do with it.
Nobody gets it when I use the Fibonacci sequence in my D&D campains - unless it is posed directly as a puzzle.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Nobody gets it when I use the Fibonacci sequence in my D&D campains - unless it is posed directly as a puzzle.
Okey dokey. The key is to combine the two things I mentioned to calculate Fibonacci numbers really really super duper fast :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Evilhalfling said:

That'd blow all my fellow players' minds as math in general blows their minds. They'd be pulling out the calculators for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads