• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand: Sneak Attack

Hussar

Legend
I'm going to chime in with the idea that the weapon limitations are a bit much as well. I certainly hope there are options to expand that weapon list. Would seem like a good place for feats to step in. A feat that gives you a couple of weapon options and allows you to use your class abilities seems like a no-brainer to me.

Shuriken? Really? Did they really have to go there? Sigh. Would have preferred throwing knife. Or dart. A trifle more generic anyway.

Surprisingly enough, I find myself agreeing mostly with Voss.

Voss

First Post
Hussar said:
Surprisingly enough, I find myself agreeing mostly with Voss.

Heh. Most of whats aggravated me about 4e is how the devs have been handling the PR and the bland as heck fluff. I was hoping that the mechanics would still be good, which largely, this seems to be (except these restrictions, of course).

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Intrope said:
Shifting is the new 5' step, apparently.
So, shifting is a five-foot step, except when it isn't? :\ Sounds like the developers are trying to use clever vocabulary to work around opportunity attacks.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Voss said:
Heh. Most of whats aggravated me about 4e is how the devs have been handling the PR and the bland as heck fluff. I was hoping that the mechanics would still be good, which largely, this seems to be (except these restrictions, of course).

Though luckily those restrictions are really quite minor :) and I still get the feeling something is left out there... I dunno what, but something.

Intrope

First Post
Voss said:
Also, why are stealth and thievery listed again?

Don't really like the lack of additional skills based on intelligence. It makes me wonder what INT is for. CON and DEX certainly have uses for everyone... And there don't seem to be any int based skills for the rogue. Guess what there dump stat is? Don't much care for that flavor either. While its fine to have rogues that aren't geniuses, I don't like they get absolutely *nothing* for being intelligent.

I suspect the oddly-repetitious skills are related to a mistake in SAGA; in that the 'free' feats a SAGA class starts with at 1st level weren't put on the bonus feat list for the class--which is a problem if you multiclass into a class (because you only get one of the starting free feats, not all of them).

In other words, the repetition is probably related to multiclassing or class training. How, I'm not sure...

Beyond that, I suspect that--like SAGA--you'll gain new skills by spending a feat to train in it.

Voss

First Post
Intrope said:
I suspect the oddly-repetitious skills are related to a mistake in SAGA; in that the 'free' feats a SAGA class starts with at 1st level weren't put on the bonus feat list for the class--which is a problem if you multiclass into a class (because you only get one of the starting free feats, not all of them).

In other words, the repetition is probably related to multiclassing or class training. How, I'm not sure...

Beyond that, I suspect that--like SAGA--you'll gain new skills by spending a feat to train in it.

Ah, with class training that could indeed make sense. A possibility at least. Very good.

@Clevernickname- shifting is essentially movement that doesn't provoke an attack. It isn't limited to a 5' step (or one square, to use the new lingo :( ) But PCs will default to one square for shift movement. Powers, effects, and some monsters will allow for shifting different distances.

Zamkaizer

First Post
The Rapier, assuming it still exists within in 4E, seems as though it would be a more powerful 'light blade' than a shortsword, which a rogue could exchange one of his feats for, increasing his damage and critical threat.

Badkarmaboy said:
Religion: Rogues prefer deities of the night, luck, freedom, and adventure, such as Sehanine and Avandra. Evil and chaotic evil rogues often favor Lolth or Zehir.
This at least confirms that Chaotic Evil is still an alignment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads