• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

an attempt to discuss the actual *content* of the BoEF

Qlippoth

Explorer
Now, now...

Teflon Billy said:
Huh! I guess I made my save then, cause I wanted to murder Gollum virtually every moment his whiny, cringing, shrill-voiced ass was on screen :D
'Now at any rate he is as bad as an Orc, and just an enemy. He deserves death.'
'Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends....'

woodelf

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
--Brought to you by the Department of Internet Education--
Lose is a verb. Rhymes with use. Means "to be unsuccessful in retaining possession of." You lose your dex bonus when stunned.

Loose is an adverb. Rhymes with deuce. Means "not fastened"--"Loose" is the opposite of "tight." You can use "loose" as a verb, but in that case it means "to set loose; release." You loose your shield.

You might want to revise your pronunciation examples: "use" can be pronounced to rhyme with lose (as a verb) or loose (as a noun). (And, in fact, for some bizarre reason the noun pronunciation, which rhymes with loose, was the first one to come to mind, and i had to force myself to pronounce it to rhyme with lose before i thought, "oh yeah, it can sound like that, too.")

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads