• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An Open Letter to Dragon and Dungeon Readers

Belen

Adventurer
Ok, Erik, I promised you that it I liked what I heard, then I would subscribe again. I will go ahead and resubscribe to both magazines by the end of the day. :D

Dave

martynq

Explorer
I'm afraid I haven't waded through the previous 14 pages of posts, so I hope that I'm not about to ask a question that is covered already.

Where will Forgotten Realms articles like Ed Greenwood's "Guide to the Realms" be located now?

I generally don't bother buying Dungeon at the moment, since apart from FR adventures, I feel I can come up with something more suited to my requirements myself. As a DM, am I now going to be forced to get hold of Dungeon so that I can read the things aimed at me that were previously in Dragon? :(

Martyn

Bagpuss

Legend
Leopold said:
Poly was useles..thank god for it's depature. Been asking for that since day 1 since it merged. Make it web content for crying out loud! Put it in the magazine where people who subscribe can go there.

People who subscribe to what exactly? If you mainly bought it for the Poly content you arn't likely to subscribe to a zero-poly content Dungeon magazine just to get access to some half-ass Poly web content.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Connorsrpg said:
Rather than blame the editors/the magazine/Paizo etc start something from this. There is obviously enough support for Poly - now you can do it without paying for the parts you don't like. Start your own 'Poly'. I see that Morrus already has a post on the mini-games. That could steamroll from there into something this thread helped to create.
Well, I don't have the capital to start up my own magazine, and my credit rating is very questionable (hence the "no plastic" answer to the online ordering question) if I decided to get a business loan.

Which is why I'll be supporting Morrus's magazine with the new format 100%.

Ranger REG said:
Well, I don't have the capital to start up my own magazine, and my credit rating is very questionable (hence the "no plastic" answer to the online ordering question) if I decided to get a business loan.

Which is why I'll be supporting Morrus's magazine with the new format 100%.
I can't wait for the new ENWorld magazine...sadly, though, there won't be any Star Wars content, which is what I REALLY want.

JennyBendel

First Post
Paizo contact info

EricNoah said:
Hey Keith, good to see you around!

There have apparently been some changes to the leadership of the mags and at Paizo over the past several months. Guess I haven't been paying enough attention! Could one of you just run down who does what, and maybe who to contact with what kind of issue/problem?

Hi Eric et al...

There's a complete company contact list on www.paizo.com, but here's a quick rundown of potentially appropriate managers:

Lisa Stevens, CEO
Keith Strohm, Vice President
Vic Wertz, Techinical Director
Rob Stewart, Advertising Sales Director
Jeff Alvarez, Ops/Customer Service Manager

Matthew Sernett, Editor-In-Chief/Dragon
Erik Mona, Editor-In-Chief/Dungeon
Michael Mikaelian, Editor-In-Chief/Undefeated
Dave Gross, Editor-In-Chief/Amazing Stories

Oh yeah, and me, Director of Marketing & PR. ;)

-Jenny Bendel

Acid_crash

First Post
Connorsrpg said:
Thanks again Matt, Erik and Keith,

Unfortunatley this thread has bogged down in complaints. Some being false statements such as no more fluff and the take over of computer gaming. Read back carefully over the statements by the above guys before writing your doom.

The direction of each mag sounds great. Poly was a good read most of the time, but Dungeon was initially for adventures and with few exceptions fantasy ones at that. So it is returning, with even more info for the DM...how cool is that for dnd DMs who don't have the time to produce adventures and don't have the money to buy something that is only half this.

It justs sounds odd that most posters here prefer/use one or the other (Poly or adventures in Dungeon). So the changes should be good for all. No longer do people have to shell out for adventures they are never going to read/use or "don't like" and no longer do those of us who want adventures have to shell out for interesting ideas that will never be used.

Rather than blame the editors/the magazine/Paizo etc start something from this. There is obviously enough support for Poly - now you can do it without paying for the parts you don't like. Start your own 'Poly'. I see that Morrus already has a post on the mini-games. That could steamroll from there into something this thread helped to create.

I just can't see the bad in splitting two (often unrelated) things. Sure Paizo will no longer do mini-games (in Dungeon) but now there is a chance for it to live elsewhere...and for those of us to buy adventures and material for the game that began it all and has brought you DUNGEONS & DRAGONS for all of those years (without minigames).

None of us will now have to pay for the parts we don't like...

Connors

Yeah, but it really sucks double-like for those few who did like BOTH. :D

The_Gneech

Explorer
Emirikol said:
Star wars has it's own magazines. Any one of those can pick up the slack. Doesn't Paizo put out a Star Wars magazine too?

Paizo puts out Star Wars Insider; I don't know if there's any RPG content in there, but my first guess would be a big ol' "NO."

Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu are the things-no-longer-to-be-supported that bug me the most. Those are licenses, not OGC, which means that there won't be any more content for those in any magazine -- and there's precious little on the bookshelf as it is!

-The Gneech :cool:

The_Gneech said:
Paizo puts out Star Wars Insider; I don't know if there's any RPG content in there, but my first guess would be a big ol' "NO."

Star Wars and Call of Cthulhu are the things-no-longer-to-be-supported that bug me the most. Those are licenses, not OGC, which means that there won't be any more content for those in any magazine -- and there's precious little on the bookshelf as it is!

-The Gneech :cool:
I've gotten Insider since before the Special Editions were released. The ONLY RPG content in Insider is a preview of a book here and there...which hasn't happened for a while.

Star Wars Gamer made that pointless, but now without Gamer and without ANY kind of Star Wars content other than in the books(which isn't bad, of course) then we're kind of left with nothing at all. But ah well...I still think Star Wars Gamer(or a similar magazine) could do fine considering the audience, but that may be why I'm not in charge of things like that. :)

Olive

Explorer
The_Gneech said:

2 things;
1) Paizo have lost the license for SWI.
2) the CoC thing isn't quite true. First up, I think WotC no longer have a licence for CoC d20 (which is why it ain't on their website any more). Second, Chaosium often include d20 support in their CoC books, so stuff will continue to emerge.

Remove ads