• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ancient Adventures is Another Option for D&D Ancient Greece

Adding to Theros, Arkadia, Hellenistika, Land of Myth, Odyssey of the Dragonlords, and the Scarred Lands is another setting book for 5E inspired by the myths of ancient Greece.

Adding to Theros, Arkadia, Hellenistika, Land of Myth, Odyssey of the Dragonlords, and the Scarred Lands is another setting book for 5E inspired by the myths of ancient Greece. This one is called Ancient Adventures, and is by Michael Tresca (who is also a columnist here). In this book there are 12 new races, 50 monsters, 20 subclasses, nearly 40 magic items, and more!

312212.jpg

Here's the press release:

Stamford, CT, May 3, 2020: Mal and Tal Enterprises proudly presents 5E RPG: Ancient Adventures!

“This supplement was written over a decade ago for 3.5,” said Mike Tresca, Creative Director. “But due to a change in editions it never saw the light of day. Now that I have my own publishing platform, I’m so pleased to have the opportunity to share it for 5E.”

This guide includes everything from an overview of life in Ancient Greece to new species and classes, from changes to how skills work to new arms and armor, from a guide to the Greek pantheon to dozens of new magic items and monsters.

If you’ve ever wanted to play a one-eyed arimaspos, crab-shelled cabiro, or a snake-tailed cecrops, this setting is for you. It also includes familiar species like amazons, centaurs, gorgons, minotaurs, nymphs, pans, sirens, and more. And finally, over 50 new monsters that remain true to their roots—the Ancient Greek basilisk (basiliskos), griffin (gryphus), manticore (mantikhoras), and unicorn (hippomonokeros) are much deadlier than their fantasy counterparts!

So grab your xiphos, strap on your linothorax, and set sail for strange lands to bring honor to your city-state. Ancient Adventures await!

talien

Community Supporter
Will there be a print edition of this rather than just PDF as that's something I'd love
It's something I aspire to for sure. It has definitely a ways to go to get there though. I'm working on a bunch of other settings currently but if there's sufficient interest I'll definitely consider it!

Gelert

Adrian
It's something I aspire to for sure. It has definitely a ways to go to get there though. I'm working on a bunch of other settings currently but if there's sufficient interest I'll definitely consider it!
I'll purchase it anyway and look forward to seeing what else you come up with. As a small press writer myself I'm all for supporting others bringing their ideas to others. I really prefer to physically hold a book though 😉

talien

Community Supporter
I'll purchase it anyway and look forward to seeing what else you come up with. As a small press writer myself I'm all for supporting others bringing their ideas to others. I really prefer to physically hold a book though 😉
Right there with you. My dream is to have a shelf full of hardcover books for my players' use. If you're familiar with DriveThruRPG's print on demand you know what's involved to get it to print -- I already had difficulty just having my graphics look right in digital format, so there's some work to do to ensure it's print ready for sure.

Solidarity on the small press front. I appreciate your kind words, thank you!

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Egypt isn't exactly well-served either.
Nuria Natal (part of the Midgard setting from Kobold Press) does a great job with Fantasy Egypt, in my opinion. The only problem is that the dedicated Southlands sourcebook is Pathfinder-only, although there is a decent section on it in their 5e Midgard handbook.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Playing assassins creed Odyssey really adds the nice fluffy atmosphere to fill a Greek setting out too. Greek history/myth is definitely enjoying a resurgence in gaming.

I am tempted to buy it, but not having the printed book option is a major bug for me. When something goes beyond 20 pages, I much prefer the book. It takes a lot less space than a self printed copy.

Remove ads

Remove ads