And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
GM: @Dekana , I’m pretty sure Sprout can still be out and about. I could be wrong. If he is, let me know where you’d like him.

The party manages to arrange themselves without provoking anything in the chamber before Scarm calls out. Two of the younger looking blue creatures seem to consider his words before the eldest among them (G13) shouts back, “No! He won’t let us. It must be done!” With that, it pulls a large brass bell off of its hip.

Taking a cue from their apparent leader, the other blue meanies to the same. They all turn to the party with predatory grins.

GM: Waiting on initiative before filling in the rest. I’m pretty sure some PCs will act before these guys, though.

MAP

[sblock=Initiative] Yishim, Scarm, Fred and Kaz all get actions before the baddies. Then everyone gets to go.[/sblock]

[sblock=Entering F7/I7]There is another blue creature in C7 and one in M7, also holding bells.[/sblock]

[sblock=combat status]
Toeto:
Eithal:
Kaz:
Yishim:
Fredrock:
Scarm:

Lumpy Otyugh:
Bell Ringer 1:
Bell Ringer 2:
Bell Ringer 3:
Bell Ringer Boss:[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy stats]
Otyugh
AC 25 | F 25 | R 19 | W 22
MBA: Reach 3, +15 vs AC, 1d8+8 Necrotic and ongoing 5 Psychic damage (Save Ends). The Otyugh pulls the target up to 2 squares and grabs it (escape DC: TBA)

Bell Ringer
AC 20 | F 19 | R 20 | W 18
MBA: Claw, +12 vs AC, hit: TBA.

Bell Ringer Boss
AC 22 | F 19 | R 20 | W 21
MBA: Claw, +13 vs AC, 2d6+5 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends). [/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I'm going to move the Otyugh towards us and away from the water. From the Zone I created in I7, I can pull Burst 4 back to the zone next turn. Whack away, but be aware of the reach 3

Yishim creates an illusion of grand riches and the creature's greatest desires just in front of Fredrock. The Otyugh and two of the blue creatures are drawn irresistibly to this treasure, and find themselves unable to move away.

For the remaining creatures, Yishim turns the water to a deadly set of octopus tentacles, which grasp at their skin and slow their progress.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Visions of Avarice on I7, Hits Otugh, D10 and F11. Pull D10 to I7, F11 to I8, and Otyugh to G7/H8. All three are immobilized. A zone is created in I7 (no effect).
Action Point: Action Surged Enlarged Grasping Shadows on H12 Hits Blue guys in H10 I12 G13 (last one with Heroic action) for 11-2=9 and all are slowed.[/sblock]
[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 6
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 20
AC:22, Fort:15, Reflex:20, Will:19, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:41/41, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Notable Feats: Action Surge, Phantom Echoes, Enlarge Spell
Powers: Freezing Burst, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Levitate, Heroic Effort, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Orb of Insurmountable Force, Phantom Chasm, Visions of Avarice, Brooch of Shielding
Other: Deathwalker's Boon (19-20 Crit Range vs. Undead, does not draw OAs from Undead and passes through thier squares as allies)
PC:Yishim (ronakshah2000) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione wades into the water (ugh) and utters a horrible high-pitched "SQUEEEeeeEEeeEEEEeee" that sends ribbons of light snaking around the creatures that Yishim has enchanted with his spell. He follows it up with a sharp "SQUAWK!" that is actually sort of a relief after the previous noise.

[sblock=actions]Move: to H5

Minor: Songmaster's boon (bluff vs will), blue boss; blue guy; otyugh
14(1d20) +17 = 31; 7(1d20) +17 = 24; 11(1d20) +17 = 28
. Scarm gets CA against all three during his turn.

Standard: wave of light vs reflex, blue boss; blue guy; otyugh (the three that Yishim pulled); damage
18(1d20) +11 +2 = 31; 19(1d20) +11 +2 = 32; 19(1d20) +11 +2 = 32; 8(2d6) +15 = 23
all three are hit for 23 radiant and take a -2 penalty to AC until EONT.

Action Point: AP: blazing starfall vs reflex, blue boss; blue guy; otyugh; damage
20(1d20) +11 +2 = 33; 2(1d20) +11 +2 = 15; 6(1d20) +11 +2 = 19; 2(1d4) +15 = 17
hits blue boss and otyugh for another 17 radiant. Zone forms that causes 2 fire damage to any enemy that leaves it until EONT.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniKenku]Scarmiglione Male Kenku Rogue|Sorcerer 6
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:20, Will:19; Resist 5 psychic
HP:49/49, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:6/7
Action Points: 0
Blazing Starfall
Sly Flourish

Wave of Light
Low Slash
Swift Parry
Songmaster’s Boon (item)
Second Wind

Blinding Barrage
Thunder Leap
Deep Shroud
Shadowdance Armor (item)
Lucky Charm (item)

Phase of the Sun: At the start of my turn, each enemy adjacent to me takes 2 fire and radiant damage; resist 5 cold
Phase of the Moon: Bonus to AC equal to number of conscious adjacent enemies; resist 5 psychic
Phase of the Stars: Whenever an enemy's attack misses me, I can teleport 2 as a free action; resist 5 radiant

First Time Bloodied: Change immediately to next phase.

Conditions: phase of the moon

Full sheet: Scarmiglione[/sblock]

Xeterog

Explorer
OOC: I can push any of the 3 I hit up to 2 squares. only one I'm sure I hit is the one in I7 (If a 29 misses, we may be in trouble). If I do, they would take 2 more damage from Blazing Starfall, and if I hit all three, might be able to bunch them up for more AoE's (do we have many left in the turn?). advice?

Fredrock steps up to the walking trash can and blue creatures that came over to the pile of creatures, he looks at the big tentacled thing. You shouldn't be eating things that can talk and ring bells, why don't you try munching on me for a bit, tho I reckon I'm a bit tougher then they are..., he says as he lets out with all his strength.
[sblock=actions]
Move: shift to I6
Minor: :close:Battlemind Demand to mark the otyugh
Standard: using 2pp, :close:Bull's Strength (blast 3) vs. the three that were pulled: (they have -2 defenses from Scram's wave of light).
22 vs I8 was minon and not there, 31 vs I7 (blue boss) hits, 21 vs Otyugh misses
(note, I lowered my attack value vs I7 and I8 to 10 by mistake, it should be +12, thus the different numbers above)

Will push the Blue Boss from I to J8, causing 2 more damage as he leaves the blazing starfall area.

NOTE: Battle Resilience (dr 7 UENT) will pop the 1st time I'm hit or missed in the combat.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fredrock]
Mark: Otyugh
DR: 0 (7 once I'm hit or missed in the combat)
DEF: +1 due to steadfast boon
PP 2 used (2/4)

Fredrock Hammersmith - Male Dwarf Battlemind, level 6
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +22 Senses: Low-Light
Init +2, Speed:5
AC:23, Fort:19, Reflex:19, Will:23
HP 64/64, Bloodied:32, Surge Value:16, Surges left:10/13
Action Points: 1/1, Power points 2/4
Powers-
Blurred Step link
:close:Battlemind Demand link
:melee:Mind Spike link
:melee:Bull's Strength link
:melee:Iron Fist link
:melee:Mist Weapon link
Second Wind link
Battle Resilience link
:close:Telepathic Challenge link
:ranged:Psionic Ambush link
:melee:Aspect of Elevated Harmony link
:melee:Beckoning Strike link
:melee:Beckoning Strike attack

Item powers
Dwarven Scale armor link
Manifestor Weapon link

:melee:MBA +12 vs AC, 1d10+8 (brutal 2)
:ranged:RBA +2 vs AC, 1d4-1 (improvised..would have to pick up a rock or something)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads