And the Uppity Shoeshine... (DM:twilsemail; Judge: renau1g)

twilsemail

First Post
"Very well." Rustavich leads the group to a large library with copious books on its shelves. Within the shelves are build alcoves for portraits. Each portrait is larger than the man himself.

Rustavich's father is an aged man. Black hair began graying at the temples and worked its way back. This is only obvious because of his long hair. His face is clean shaven and pock scarred. Even so, his relationship with Rustavich would be obvious even without the placard reading "Piotr Rustavich." They share the same nose, chin and brow.

Rustavich looks much the same between portrait and life. The portrait may make him a bit more handsome, but what artist doesn't take that liberty?

Mikhael is redhaired and of fairer skin. He has his father's beak of a nose, but that is about the only resemblence. The young man in the painting is in his late teens, perhaps even his early twenties. He is clearly older than his father seems to view him.

"This is my boy."

Dekana

Explorer
Toetos eyes go wide when she sees the portraits. "They're beautiful..." The work that must have gone into the paintings is, to Toeto, staggering. The swamp never had anything like these works of art in the huts. (Of course, she was a little vague in her statement, so it may be misinterpreted).

She clears her throat then talks seriously. "Is that enough for you to make an illusion with, Yishim?"

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione contemplates the pictures for a few minutes.

"So you son was seeking adventure," he says after a bit. "Was there any particular variety of derring-do that might have attracted him? An item of news that seemed especially to bother him, perhaps, or a friend who was in trouble, or some wrongdoer he knew of who had gone unpunished? Have you examined his chamber--did he keep a journal, perchance?"

Luinnar

First Post
Kaz looked at the various paintings. He noted that they were in a different style than those from the Kingdom of Jade. The strokes and lines were different and well as the paints. They were still beautiful however.

He also noted the youth of the boy. As elves lived for hundreds of years, the boy looked extremely young in his eyes. A child like that disobeying his father, the forces of chaos is working even in this land he thinks to himself.

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: It looks like I've lost the thumb drive that had a majority of my notes on the adventure. I'm working on rebuilding it with what I submitted to the judges. I'm sure that as soon as I finish with that, I'll find the thumbdrive again...

Rustavich nods appreciatively at the facimile of his son created by Yishim and smiles at Toeto's comment.

"He kept a journal, that is missing. I would guess that he took it with him."

He spends a moment considering his son's tastes in stories. "I can see him trying to rescue a woman in some way or another, though where he would find one that needs rescuing, I have no idea. Where do you people usually find work?"

Mewness

First Post
Scarmiglione stiffens slightly, a little annoyed at being lumped into Rustavich's "you people." "I suppose he may have gone to the Hanged Man."

OOC: Can't think of anything else to ask, so I'm ready to start skill-challengin' as soon as everyone else is. Hope you find your thumb drive.

Xeterog

Explorer
Probably, it is the place to go. We should ask there after a short, private, talk with Reeve.

[/ooc]ready to start (I may be a little slow, as I'm on the road most of this week..but most hotels have internet access now'aday's :))[/ooc]

twilsemail

First Post
"Is that where Reeve found you?" Rustavich asks when the Hanged Man is mentioned.

"Do you really think that Reeve would have much to add? He is, after all, just the seneschal."

GM: I'm writing out the skill challenge now. When it's done I'll post it, I'm taking the lack of objection as assent in regards to the skill challenge.

Remove ads