Andromeda Season (Series?) Finaly

Orius

Legend
Yeah, I just caught the first half this weekend too. Does Sorbo's ego know no bounds?

What I did find interesting, is that the female love interest in this episode was for Rhade, not Dylan. Now there's a first!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Orius said:
Yeah, I just caught the first half this weekend too. Does Sorbo's ego know no bounds?

What I did find interesting, is that the female love interest in this episode was for Rhade, not Dylan. Now there's a first!
That's not a first. Tyr Anasazi had a love interest in one episode that included introducing his long-lost son. Harper had many love interests but in the end they turn out to be either robotic assassins, scoundrels like him, or a Magog in need of a human incubator.

:]

Orius

Legend
Ranger REG said:
That's not a first. Tyr Anasazi had a love interest in one episode that included introducing his long-lost son.

Yeah, Tyr had two love interests: Freya and Medea.

In the first episode with Freya, she was hardly a love interest. He was pretty much using her to fool the whole Orca pride. And later on, even though he went back to save her from the Gen Knights, I think he was a bit more interested in saving his son than her.

Then there was Medea, his long-lost Kodiak girlfriend. But then that was a third season episode, when Tyr's character was getting totally butchered anyway, so I don't know how much that counts. :]

Harper had many love interests but in the end they turn out to be either robotic assassins, scoundrels like him, or a Magog in need of a human incubator.

Yeah, but isn't pretty much an established fact that Harper's love life is a joke anyway? :]

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Harper's life is a joke because he's the only Earthling in the main cast.

I don't know why but I get all giddy ( :D ) that in the future we humans are enslaved and occupied by Nietszcheans. Race of Destiny, my six. More like Race of Fate.

Wycen

Explorer
Ok, hopefully this will be the last time we drag this to the 1st page. :)

Saw the finale tonight after Enterprise and Alias, which get their own threads.

This finale was kinda like Farscape in that you could be left asking yourself, WTF? Except Farscape was on a plateau Andromeda could only hope to reach. But I think I've digested enough of the Trance crap to figure it out.

Note, you do not see all the characters actually die, except the android version of Romi, but she conveniently is an android and thus could be rebuild. Thus leaving it open for another season, though with Fireworks studios out of money I guess not.

So, what happens to Dylan at the end? You have 3 choices.

He uses the Route of Ages to:

a) go back in time 4 years
b) go to an alternate universe
c) go to an alternate universe 4 years in the past

Now, somebody on that show has used the Route before, when they first found it. Why only Dylan could go through it again, I have no damn clue. Was it because he was a god? Don't know. Was it because everybody else was dead? Don't know. Was it because he was the one who found it and used it before? Don't know.

But at the end when he walks through the doors and stops, I thought he was standing before someone, but they don't show you who. Or was that a mirror or my imagination?

Oh well. Now on to Adult Swim.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Watched this for the second time...I still have no freaking clue WHY it ended this way.

I could accept Angel's series end, same with Farscape. But my god...this is just utter tripe! Shoot Sorbo NOW!!

Villano

First Post
I can't believe I used to enjoy that show. :\

I might be wrong, but it felt like they were trying to pull a reboot for the next season, letting them rewrite/ignore stuff from the past season(s). Sort of like Witchblade did. Or "Bobby in the shower" on Dallas. I got the impression they finally realized that the between episode rebuilding of the Commonwealth was a stupid idea (duh!).

I'm actually hoping that this is the end for the series. Hopefully, the supporting cast will land on their feet and move on to better things.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
While I didn't care for Witchblade's reboot, it was a different angle to take the show. In this instance it felt like "gee let's screw with the viewers!"

Remove ads