• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Angel Moved! No Longer on Sundays!

KnowTheToe

First Post
Mistwell said:
Pretty sure the move was a precurrsor to cancellation. Angel is pulling in a 1.5 rating right now, teetering on the "not in top 100" line of death (and below some shows on PAX TV if you can believe it). It may be just a sign that they have given up on the show, and are just airing the remaining episodes until the next season comes around.

Where did you pull the rating from? I could not find it on line, but if that is the case I will be sad. It is one of the very few shows I watch:(

Ranger REG

Explorer
Don't trust Nielsen rating. EVERY television owners should be able to vote, not just a select few chosen by the Nielsen standard, where 1 Nielsen viewer represents 10,000 viewing audience. Last time I checked, I'm 1 whole individual, not 1/10,000.

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Ranger REG said:
Don't trust Nielsen rating. EVERY television owners should be able to vote, not just a select few chosen by the Nielsen standard, where 1 Nielsen viewer represents 10,000 viewing audience. Last time I checked, I'm 1 whole individual, not 1/10,000.

It isn't a matter of "trusting" the ratings. I wasn't commenting on how many people actually watch the show, and it isn't a vote. I was commenting on how many people the NETWORK thinks watch the show (which is the only purpose of the ratings), which is what the NETWORK bases it's cancellation decisions on.

I get my ratings news from here:

http://www.sfgate.com/tvradio/nielsens/

Angel's ratings went up this week to a 1.8, but unfortunately it's overall ratings dropped to 110, putting it out of the top 100 (usually the death line for a show that has had one season already).

Ranger REG

Explorer
Mistwell said:

It isn't a matter of "trusting" the ratings. I wasn't commenting on how many people actually watch the show, and it isn't a vote. I was commenting on how many people the NETWORK thinks watch the show (which is the only purpose of the ratings), which is what the NETWORK bases it's cancellation decisions on.
That's why I don't like the network's "suits" who think they can gauge our viewing based on an old antiquated rating system.

Remove ads