Animated Dead Bodies

Lets assume a dead body counts as an object. Is it possible to animate such a body with the spell Animate Object it is a 6th LVL Priest spell. I would assume it would work out pretty well. And if so, I would use the stats for animated objects in the monstermanual given by size.
So a humanbody would count as a mediumsized animated object.
What do you think the spell does not prohibit this use, I think it would be very funny to see the turning priests face whom was told your turning has absolutely no effect.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Black Knight Irios said:
But you would agree, that I can use that spell in that manner.

Yes, but please note that it would in most respect be a zombie rather than an animated object.

Yeah it would look like one I would say, but would use all the stats of an animated object of its size which are given in the monster manual in the description of animated objects.

But what does it tell me, has an animated object still its hardness available. I don't really know. OK there is a reading given that says if an object has at least hardness 10 it gets, whatever. That would tell me that the animated objects are nevertheless of being animated and no longer being "objects" in the classical meaning, protected by their hardness. OK sleight disadvantage for Corpses but it would still work, that's all I wanted to know.

Remove ads