Anime on Netflix

Just watched DOTA: Dragonblood and it was sooooo much fun, but also shockingly moving.

I also enjoyed Blood of Zeus.

And of course Arcane rocks.

For Japanese stuff I loved, Mr. Howling Traveling Castle (a bunch of ASMR role plays turn me onto that movie, it's just so beautiful).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Along with Howl’s Moving Castle, the whole Studio Ghibli Library is on Netflix. Spirited Away and Princess Monoko are considered some the best. Nausica and The Cat Returns are personal favorites. And there is an Earthsea one worth checking out.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Ajin: Demihuman is an excellent series that I think is worth checking out. Set on contemporary Earth, the setup sounds a little bit like that of Highlander (i.e. there are a group of immortals running around that almost no one knows about), but the plot is far less operatic, being more of a thriller than anything else.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Some older anime on Netflix worth watching if you haven't:

Death Note - modern day detective vs. serial killer classic, with the minds being Sherlock vs. Moriarity with some supernatural involved.
Code Geass: LeLouch of the Rebellion - future politics, intrigue and mechs. The second seasons tears everything down and then builds it up again in a satisfying way.
Gurran Lagann - What if we took every trope, turned them up to 11, and then gave it a lot of heart. It's utterly ridiculous, but somehow really good.
Demon Slayer - okay, not as old as the others, but that doesn't stop it from being good.
Fate/* (that's a wildcard, there's multiple Fate/blahblah) - Watch in any order.
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - modern school with some supernatural problems to solve.
Hunter x Hunter - every main character is a Mary Sue, but we root for them anyway.

Stalker0

Legend
Some older anime on Netflix worth watching if you haven't:

Death Note - modern day detective vs. serial killer classic, with the minds being Sherlock vs. Moriarity with some supernatural involved.
Code Geass: LeLouch of the Rebellion - future politics, intrigue and mechs. The second seasons tears everything down and then builds it up again in a satisfying way.
These two are very very good, highly recommend.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Death Note certainly starts out fantastic but takes a fairly swift nosedive in quality after the act two twist.

Studio Ghibli's mood pieces (My Neighbor Totoro & Kiki's Flying Delivery Service in particular) are light on plot but high in heart and I loved watching them with my kids.

Remove ads