Another Immortals Handbook thread

What do you wish from the Immortals Handbook?

• I want to see rules for playing Immortals

Votes: 63 73.3%
  • I want to see more Epic Monsters

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • I want to see Artifacts and epic Magic Items

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I want to see truly Epic Spells and Immortal Magic

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • I want Immortal Adventures and Campaigns Ideas

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • I want to see a Pantheon (or two) detailed

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I want to see something else (post below)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I don't like Epic/Immortal gaming

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Poll closed .

Kavon

Explorer
I voted for the playing Immortals bit and the epic spellsystem bit :3
Mostly interested in the Immortals rules though ;)

Hey Fieari mate! :)

Fieari said:
I've just started reading, but I've got to say, the size stuff is awesome so far. To me, this is worth the price of admission alone.

Maybe I should have released that on its own...I could have called it Super-size Me D&D. :p

Fieari said:
You're going to save me so much work for the creatures I've been -trying- to stat up, but without much satisfaction.

One part of that I really like is the Base Damage Modifiers by Shape rules coupled with the Universal Base Damage Table. It just makes working out monster damage for any shape and size (and you know I mean any size) so easy.

Fieari said:
Virtual size catagories are great too... I've been becomming more and more distrurbed as my players reach higher and higher levels about how the bonuses are eclipsing the dice rolling. This is fantastic!

Its a pet hate of mine but I really dislike it when epic monsters have their base damage skyrocketed for no reason, it just smacks of lazy design.

Glad to see you are getting a kick out of the non-monster elements of the Bestiary.

Even though its only a small section I hope people enjoy the Glance at the Kosmos too.

Nifelhein

First Post
Voted for a Pantheon or Two, players need a place to look up to and know they have a line to cross, then immortal characters, they need to know that no matter what happens, there is always a time and challenge beyond that and so they can face those challenges, immortal magic, for the truly epic spells are beyond the standard of anything they know so far, but they want more!

Although i would rather see it all released as a boxed set with all hard covers inside and a special character sheet and card paper tables and stuff to check without needing to actually open the book during a game.

I know, sometimes i hold my hope so high...

Hi all! :)

I have just noticed a rather strange error in the pdf. None of the text I had as bold has shown up in the document as bold, none at all! How the heck could this have happened? Does anyone have a clue?

All the monster stat blocks should have bold descriptors like:

Speed: 70 ft. (14 squares)

I am totally perplexed at this.

As soon as I can get that fixed I'll resend it to everyone who has bought it.

Hiya mate! :)

Nifelhein said:
That is rather strange indeed, what program have you used to make the pdf?

Acrobat 5.0

I did some tests, I can get Celestia Antiqua - Semi Bold, but thats a different font entirely, and doesn't look as good anyway.

I have Celestia Antiqua - Bold in my font list, and it shows up okay in my original Pagemaker 6.5 version. But when I turn it into a pdf all bold punctuation (on Celestia Antiqua and Scala Sans) disappears.

Edit: The weird thing is, italicised text can be seen, but bold text cannot.

Fieari

Explorer
With regards to the kosmos thingy... not bad. Very interesting take on dimensions, which I personally like to think of as significantly more physical. I can understand the rational though. I think I may have mentioned before the dimensional progression I use in my games....

1-3 Prime
4 Time (Possibilities)
5 Impossibilities (all different rule systems, different laws of physics, etc... you call this the multiverse, I think)
6 Metaverse
7 Omniverse
8+ (????)

My thought was to work with a geometric progression so that even if I couldn't define exactly what the higher dimensions are, I could have rules for dealing with creatures in one interacting with creatures in another. Those with Time Freedom, for example (not limited to traveling in one direction in time, can just as easily stay still, go backwards, etc. Not "porting" to another point in time then resuming forewards progress, but actually having complete time freedom at every moment) are those who are in the 4th dimension, but are directly interacting with the first three (which is entirely unfair, but I've got rules for it). But each level of advantage you can get in this manner can be topped by simply going one higher in an infinite progression, even if I can't actually understand how vastly vaster than the previous stage this new level of vastness is. Infinitely more vast, in fact.

You've stuck a bunch of dimensions inbetween what I've listed as 4 and 5 though, and I'm not sure those work with my geometric progression thingy. Perhaps they could work out... it gives more layers in which maybe you can understand exactly what's going on... interesting.

I find the purpose of your Nuetronium Golems interesting though. Defending the borders between dimensions... you have this marked down (with your plot hook ideas) as fighting against, say, an invasion of psuedo-natural creatures... but looked at in another way, it might be said that they're defending against people doing exactly what I described above. Directly interacting with a lower dimension from a higher one, which is insanely powerful and more or less bypasses a lot of the normal rules in favor of the one on the dimension higher. If those area effects were to "leak" into higher/lower dimensions (as physics suggests black holes might anyway, which is why time travel via black hole is such an oft visited topic in scifi and other speculation) they would make pretty good enforcers against people doing just that. Incredibly nasty enforcers. INCREDIBLY NASTY enforcers. OH MY GOD THAT'S UNBELIEVABLY WACKED OUT NOTHING CAN SURVIVE OR STAND A CHANCE AAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHH enforcers.

Something for me to ponder. I don't think I'll be using them in my game though. I want there to be more inter-dimension interaction...

Plecak

First Post
Hi all,

I have been following the Immortal Handbook threads for three years now, although I have never actively participated in the discusssion.

It is good to see that you have finished the very first part of the book Upper_Krust :).

However, judging from the latest Immortal Handbook thread I think that you would need a good manager :) (well, Anabstercorian fits nicely for that position :p ).

By the way, would it be possible to pay for the book by check (it would be very easy for me, since I am in UK at the moment)?

Anabstercorian

First Post
On the topic of management, I'm going to rummage through the book later today and look for editing errors outside of the statblocks - the statblocks themselves are too dense for me to bother with just now, simply too much too quickly. I'll see what errors I can find so you can correct them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases