• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another one bites the dust...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Just saw an ad for Evil season 2, set to start streaming June 2021. If you haven’t seen it, it’s essentially a well-done reskinning of X-Files, with the Catholic church replacing the F.B.I.

According to this site, Evil (along with Clarice and SEAL Team) will not be returning to CBS. Instead, they’re going to be on Paramount+ only.

So, it looks like I’m losing more shows from my list. But I heartily recommend Evil to anyone signed up for Paramount +.

Ryujin

Legend
Another attempt to push people to the streaming service. I wonder if it will actually work, or if it will simply result in people dropping series that they would otherwise watch?

Richards

Legend
Yep, I saw the writing on the wall when CBS came out with Star Trek: Discovery, only the first episode of which they aired on CBS and the rest of the series you had to join their streaming service to see. I had a feeling if enough people jumped on the streaming service that was going to be the wave of the future...and now here we are.

I'm definitely in the category of people not watching shows they'd normally watch because they don't want to pay for a streaming service. Heck, I've seen every one of the MCU movies but I haven't seen WandaVision or Falcon and Winter Soldier or now Loki. And I've only seen Daredevil, Punisher, and season one of Jessica Jones because I found them on DVD. (If I'm going to pay money for them, I want to own them after the purchase.)

Johnathan

Greg K

Legend
Another attempt to push people to the streaming service. I wonder if it will actually work, or if it will simply result in people dropping series that they would otherwise watch?
Definitely, me dropping the series. I am, however, thinking about getting Netflix, at least for a while (Cobra Kai and Stranger Things), and, maybe, Disney+ long enough to see Mandalorian, Wandavision, and Falcon and WInter Soldier.

Ryujin

Legend
Definitely, me dropping the series. I am, however, thinking about getting Netflix, at least for a while (Cobra Kai and Stranger Things), and, maybe, Disney+ long enough to see Mandalorian, Wandavision, and Falcon and WInter Soldier.
I suspect we don't have long before streaming services start to silo their premium content from people who opt for the "free one month trial", where offered, because of how many of us don't want to just replicate our cable bills with streaming service costs.

Greg K

Legend
I suspect we don't have long before streaming services start to silo their premium content from people who opt for the "free one month trial", where offered, because of how many of us don't want to just replicate our cable bills with streaming service costs.
I wasn't thinking of the one month trial.The people in my house are thinking of dropping cable (or reducing it to basic tier, because the surrounding mountains block antennae signals) and paying a few months for the two streaming services I mentioned- although now that classes are over and I am on temporary disability, 30 day trial does not seem like a bad idea

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
When cbs started with their streaming service, I dropped them completely. I was paying for Netflix and at that time Hulu was free. Now, it is only Amazon prime and no netflix, no hulu and no cbs. definately no dizz-knee or paramont.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads