• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Another Polymorph question

animal chubs

First Post
Ok, this is just a quick question about polymorphing undead , raised. If i turned one of my undead into a frog, would the frog be also undead or living? i just figure you cant really give life to something that was undead. But polymorph changes the creature to chosen creature stats and all. Anyway post some reply's and tell me what you think about this. Thanks!

Redthistle

Explorer
Supporter
Imo, polymorph would only change it into an undead version of the new physical form.

Only if you also used some type of life-restoring magic could you end up with a living creature.

Nebulous

Legend
Ok, this is just a quick question about polymorphing undead , raised. If i turned one of my undead into a frog, would the frog be also undead or living? i just figure you cant really give life to something that was undead. But polymorph changes the creature to chosen creature stats and all. Anyway post some reply's and tell me what you think about this. Thanks!

My first thought was that you would just have a dead frog, not an undead frog. But it's much cooler having an undead frog!

Joe Liker

First Post
RAW, I guess the frog is technically alive. But if it gets reduced to 0 hp, it reverts to its old form and becomes undead again.

If you had said "teenage girl" instead of "frog," you'd have the makings of a hit CW drama series.

aramis erak

Legend
RAW, I guess the frog is technically alive. But if it gets reduced to 0 hp, it reverts to its old form and becomes undead again.

If you had said "teenage girl" instead of "frog," you'd have the makings of a hit CW drama series.

Reminds me of the Buffy episode, Inca Mummy Girl

The_Gneech

Explorer
I suggest you change the label to read "Real, raw, unboned, DEAD frog" in future if you wish to avoid prosecution!

-The Gneech, c/o Whizzo Chocolates

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads