Answering your own question

sithramir

First Post
So I am reading the new R.A. Salvatore Rise of the King and was thinking about Jarlaxles stats.

I did a Google search and found the answer were stats that I wrote up for him over 10 years ago on this very forum!

It totally blew my mind and I thought it was worth telling and it would be cool to hear other people's stories about blasts from the past that happened or similar stories.

Anyone have some fun things to tell?

Nellisir

Hero
Link? And do you still think they're valid/true/accurate?

I sometimes come across an old post via Google or something. Mostly I think I wrote a lot better back then, and had more creativity. I also think I had a lot more time.

PnPgamer

Explorer
I've always wondered what color was napoleon's white horse...

Jokes aside, i have plenty of times experienced that i ask something, in some forums or through quick messenger software, and immediately google the answer myself.

Henrix

Explorer
On a couple of occasions I've googled for something, mainly Glorantha related, and found my own posts from mailing lists archived since the 90's.

It is mostly embarrassing, and shocking for the flamey tone that was common around there then. It made me love strict moderation in forums.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've done that and discovered not only was that not the first time I'd asked that very question, but also that it was answered previously and yet I still completely forgot.

Remove ads