Any DMs here ever have an assistant DM?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I had the opposite one session: a guy who'd run the monsters while I did rules adjudication. I'd set up the encounter, give him the monster stat cards, and act as a referee. It was actually quite enjoyable, and it let me be a better, more impartial rules-lawyer. :)

We only did it once, though.

Cheers, -- N

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've been an assistant DM in a convention game, and I basically worked on playing lots of additional NPCs and handled some of the PCs actions while the main DM was handling other PCs.

Great fun was had by all!

Seeten

First Post
I Co-GM a Mutants and Masterminds campaign, and I do serve as the "Balance Coordinator" of my D&D group, if not the assistant DM.

rom90125

Banned
Banned
yes. My best player (both best in role-playing and rules knowledge) often assists me. Once this campaign is over, we are switching roles and I will run a PC in his group concurrent with acting as assist DM. It works great for our group and there has not been a single issue thus far.

the Jester

Legend
I never have, but I am interested in the idea. At some point, I think I would like to try it. It would be tricky in my regular campaign because of my need to know everything that's going on in it. DND CONTROL FREAK!! DND CONTROL FREAK!!! :lol: :lol:

Remove ads