• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anymore "Return to . . ." adventures coming out from WotC?

dead

Explorer
We saw the "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil" and I was wondering if anymore are due in the near future?

I mean, it's WotC's 30th Anniversity, so if they're gonna come out then they should be coming out now. Last anniversary there was a spate of 'em. There was:

Return to the Tomb of Horrors
Return to White Plume Mountain
Return to the Keep on the Borderlands

The first two were great adventures! So, does anyone think more should come out in 3E?

Let's see . . . you could have:

Return to the Barrier Peaks
Return to the Lost Caverns of Tsjocanth
Return to the Dwellers of the Forbidden City
Return to the Ghost Tower of Inverness
Return to . . .

Well, you get it. There's heaps of material to be used.

So, WotC, it's yer 30th anniversary, where's all the "Return to . . ." adventures? All I can see is Ebberon adventures (yuck). :D

Last edited:

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
There was talk of a Return to the Barrier Peaks a few years ago in Dragon - included a few radioactive monsters for the Barrier Peaks setting.

That would be pretty cool.

Personally, I would -LOVE- a Return to the Lost Caverns of Tsjocanth.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
dead said:
Return to the Barrier Peaks

This one was actually in the works, but was cancelled. I don't know the details, but I know a saw a blurb for it somewhere. Likewise, like with most of the "Return to..." adventures, this one got a companion article in Dragon, specifically the "Invaders of the Barrier Peaks" article in Dragon #280.

As an aside, if you look in the front cover of the novel of "Tale of the Comet" (same as the adventure of the same name; IIRC this might have been in the novel of "The Rod of Seven Parts" too/instead) there was also supposed to be a companion novel for Return to the Tomb of Horrors titled "A Thief in the Tomb of Horrors" written by, IIRC, Simon Hawke.

James Heard

Explorer
Dungeon and Dragon seem like they are willing and able to do at least cursory writeups of old modules. I suppose if anyone is interested in seeing them they could write them up and submit?

Frost

First Post
Just a quick FYI, I believe WotC did put out a Return to Keep on the Borderlands back in 2e, as well as Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff, which was basically a "Return to..." module.

johnsemlak

First Post
Frost said:
Just a quick FYI, I believe WotC did put out a Return to Keep on the Borderlands back in 2e, as well as Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff, which was basically a "Return to..." module.
There was also 'Slavers', essentially a 'return to' module for the A1-4 series.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads