• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anymore "Return to . . ." adventures coming out from WotC?

the Jester

Legend
Erik Mona said:
You can certainly suggest it! :)

--Erik

:) Well, then...

...y'know, you guys could put out a Return to the Barrier Peaks as a special edition or annual or something.

Betcha there'd be enough interest to justify it. :)

JeffB

Legend
Since Erik is taking suggestions :D ;)

I would love to see a Return to Saltmarsh

There's just something special about that waterfront property in Keoland. :D

In fact, the whole U series would make a good adventure path if it was expanded and spread out.

Endur

First Post
Almost all of the old Greyhawk adventure locations have been revisited in the RPGA Living Greyhawk campaign. 500 or so modules in that campaign (between regional adventures, core adventures, interactives, etc.) using the 3E/3.5E rules.

Personally, I think the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil module was the best of the "published" Return modules. Yes, there are various things in that adventure that don't appeal to everyone, but the module was the first 3e Epic (level 4 -12+) adventure. More importantly, it has the best support for any published module. The bullentin board on Monte Cook's website has tons of suggestions for GMs running the module -- I'm amazed that no other published adventure has a comparable GM advice section.

dead

Explorer
Dear Eric,

Ya, Return to the Barrier Peaks! I don't think this would be a risk at all. Surely sales for the Maure castle issue went throught the roof?

Apart from that . . .

Return to the City of the Gods!

Return to Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. (It's about time we had some detailed GH info on Iggwilv and her offspring) :)

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
Surely sales for the Maure castle issue went throught the roof?
>>>

This is going to sound unbelievable, but we really have no idea how sales were for that issue, and won't for a few more months. The magazine business doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in that regard, but my gut tells me that it did very well.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dungeon

Heroditis

First Post
Minor hijack of thread, but...

Erik, do you all have any plans to package the outstanding adventure path series in any compiled form (it sure can be tough tracking down those back Dungeun issues).

Back to the thread: I, too, would love a serialization of a RttBP for 3.5. And are we going to be treated to another adventure path any time soon?

Thanks in advance,
Heroditis

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Yikes!

I really didn't mean to hijack this thread and turn it into a Dungeon spectacular, but since the main discussion has sort of died down a bit. . .

We're definitely interested in compiling the Shackled City Adventure Path, but for now it's an issue of resources. I suspect this will happen some time in the next year or so, so definitely keep your eyes peeled.

We're currently in the planning stages for the next Adventure Path, and have a fairly detailed outline that's almost ready to circulate to potential authors. In the meantime, check out "Touch of the Abyss," a three-part adventure that will span Dungeon 117-119.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dungeon

the Jester

Legend
Hey Erik, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to follow this thread!

It's really cool that you bother to both listen and speak to us. Even if you don't do a RttBP, I love what you've done with the magazines in general. :)

BUT- if you do publish RttBP, I promise to buy four copies or more. I promise to pimp it to all my old-school gamer buddies. I promise to run that adventure as soon as I can, whether it's in my regular campaign or a one-off. Hell, I'll come to your house and get you drunk if that's what it takes.

Once you see the sales on the Dungeon with Maure Castle in it- and I bought it, and I only buy about one Dungeon in five at present (though the new format makes me think that's about to increase drastically)- really, give it some thought.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads