WotC Anyone Else Tired of the Wizards Bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll judge WOTC on what they do and whether they produce a product I want to purchase. On the scale of corporate evil when you have corporations that are literally killing people in order to maximize profit, WOTC is pretty low on the evil scale.
There's always someone worse, someone bigger, someone better, someone faster. If we're limited to only talking about the worst, the biggest, the best, and the fastest, we won't have much to talk about.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
What promise was abandoned? The ORC license just got a first draft out for public inspection about a month ago and the feedback period just ended a couple of weeks ago.
Inferred from OP that since OGL is "fine" now there is no reason for Paizo to move away from it.

MGibster

Legend
One of the things to remember about online content is that negativity tends to generate more traffic than positivity. This means content creators are rewarded for negativity. That said, criticism does have its place. Even though they walked back on their OGL changes, this demonstrated to many companies that relying on the continued goodwill of WotC might not be the best decision in the long run. If anything, as someone who likes RPGs, this was a prime example to me that having a single company dominate the industry (insomuch as it's an industry) is bad for everyone except WotC.

Rushbolt

Explorer
Who said that? Paizo hasn't reneged on ORC, nor has anybody--to my knowledge--suggested that they have or might.

In fact, it's not even finalized, so there's nothing to renege yet.
Would love to know if you believe this Remaster will thoroughly decouple PF and D&D legally considering it's being done with rather impressive speed or if it's more likely they will still miss some OGL items not in CC. As a very experienced publisher, you would probably know more of what that entails.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Who said that? Paizo hasn't reneged on ORC, nor has anybody--to my knowledge--suggested that they have or might.

In fact, it's not even finalized, so there's nothing to renege yet.
In the OP;
The latest attack is Paizo blaming the OGL for needing to publish new books this year, even though Wizards walked back the OGL and they would suffer massive public outcry and brand damage if they renege on that decision.
Sounds like Paizo should abandons their plans because OGL is seemingly safe now?
Would love to know if you believe this Remaster will thoroughly decouple PF and D&D legally considering it's being done with rather impressive speed or if it's more likely they will still miss some OGL items not in CC or if we can only wait and see.
Paizo has been planning for this move for a very long time. Much of PF2 development was positioning it to abandon the OGL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads