D&D General Anyone ever run (or played in) a campaign with entire party (or almost) was a single class?

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
One of the regular games I run is a modern fantasy game based loosely on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Dark Shadows with heavy Lovecraft themes.

Characters include
  • Celestial pact warlock (heavy Shadow Hunters inspiration)
  • Fey pact warlock (new age-ish modern hippy)
  • Infernal pact warlock (very Sabrina)
  • Hex Blade (response as shadow pact to get rid of the Maud Swiss patron which we all hate)
  • Ranger (the only non-warlock)
This almost meets the criterion.

The game is a lot of fun, with the characters being friends from different magical organizations set in a weird combination of Dark Shadows, Lovecraft Country and Steven King Country.

There are no problems.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
One of the regular games I run is a modern fantasy game based loosely on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Dark Shadows with heavy Lovecraft themes.

Characters include
  • Celestial pact warlock (heavy Shadow Hunters inspiration)
  • Fey pact warlock (new age-ish modern hippy)
  • Infernal pact warlock (very Sabrina)
  • Hex Blade (response as shadow pact to get rid of the Maud Swiss patron which we all hate)
  • Ranger (the only non-warlock)
This almost meets the criterion.

The game is a lot of fun, with the characters being friends from different magical organizations set in a weird combination of Dark Shadows, Lovecraft Country and Steven King Country.

There are no problems.
Gotta admit, that sounds like a really fun concept. Although I think a paladin or a cleric as a 5th member would also be awesome if you're leaning into the warlock flavor.

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
Gotta admit, that sounds like a really fun concept. Although I think a paladin or a cleric as a 5th member would also be awesome if you're leaning into the warlock flavor.

I didn't actually limit character choices. Players chose their concepts.

We created the world together after watching season one of Sabrina.

We have to fight over who has to play the cleric in our group. Celestial pact warlock makes them unnecessary from a mechanical point of view. No one likes the background story on clerics in our group.

Now that they know I have clerics without gods or churches (I call them theurgists), someone may design one as a backup character.

Retreater

Legend
In 3rd edition I ran an adventure for a party of all wizards searching for spell components to sell in their magic shop. It was a fun, dangerous dungeon crawl.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
In 3rd edition I ran an adventure for a party of all wizards searching for spell components to sell in their magic shop. It was a fun, dangerous dungeon crawl.

Oh yeah, I like that campaign frame.

(Our current Mad Mage Campaign frame is we are trying to find cool stuff to use in the Inn we got from Dragon Heist. Feels sort of simliar.)

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I was in a campaign for a while with SEVEN player characters who were all wild magic sorcerers. An inordinate number of combats ended with someone accidentally summoning a confused and grumpy unicorn.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I was in a campaign for a while with SEVEN player characters who were all wild magic sorcerers. An inordinate number of combats ended with someone accidentally summoning a confused and grumpy unicorn.
Was this on purpose? Or did it just happen that way?

Remove ads