Anyone have Beyond COuntless Doorways yet?

Krypter

Explorer
So how well does this product integrate into a Planescape game?

I'm a DM running with a group on the Great Wheel. Is this a useful product for me?

Psion

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Well it's nice to know you have it Psion.

I just hope you continued good taste about books we agree on continues. :)

(Cause honestly this stuff beats the CRAP out of that lousy Planar Handbook.)

All signs point to yes. See my post in the various planar handbook threads.

Planar Handbook was written under the 3.5e philosophy. Mechanically competant, but not in tune with all that is good about the planes.
BCD* - was written with the Planescape "lapping up the ideas with wide-eyed amazement" philosophy.

Psion

Adventurer
Krypter said:
So how well does this product integrate into a Planescape game?

I'm a DM running with a group on the Great Wheel. Is this a useful product for me?

How "open" are you with what's in your universe? I use the great wheel, but I also use the infinite prime material planes of 1e.

Anyway, most of them could be planar sites, realms, prime worlds, or elemental subplanes, but some would take more explaining than others (like the Halls of the Yama Kings, which is essentially an alternate hell.)

johnsemlak

First Post
Psion said:
It's huge. I think it will benefit greatly in ease of use when the dead tree version comes out.
:D

Better than the 'Dead Sheep' versions they used in ages past ;)

Of course the work is massive, but I imagine the work is rather modular, and DMs will probably use each plane separately (that's how I understand it but I haven't seen it), and each plane shoudl be a managable 10-20 pages.

Turanil

First Post
Varianor Abroad said:
Yes! I have it. So far, it looks awesome. My brain is exploding with ideas as I read through it.

I intend to buy it in print. But october (or maybe even december or later) is long to wait. As such, I am tempted to ALSO buy the PDF. However, let me ask you a technical question about the PDF: does it require the latest version of Acrobat reader, does it forbid copy-pasting, does it have some protection devices with unpleasant side effects? Or is it just a plain basic PDF as those usually sold on rpgnow?

Psion

Adventurer
Turanil said:
As such, I am tempted to ALSO buy the PDF. However, let me ask you a technical question about the PDF: does it require the latest version of Acrobat reader,

I have not tried this particular PDF on my laptop (which only has reader 5), but I have never had a problem reading Malhavoc (non-DRM) PDFs on my laptop.

does it forbid copy-pasting

No.

does it have some protection devices with unpleasant side effects? Or is it just a plain basic PDF as those usually sold on rpgnow?

If you go to the Malhavoc site, there are two links, one to Drivethru for "secure" PDFs and one to White Wolf's catalog for "non-secure" PDFs. Go to the white wolf catalog link and you should be in good shape.

Remove ads