• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone not getting the 3.5 books? (at least right away)

National Acrobat

First Post
I'm not. The group I'm running doesn't want to buy the books and they aren't thrilled with the changes, so we'll just keep playing our house ruled version of 3.0 for awhile.

Morrow

First Post
I won't be picking them up right away. I'm moving at the end of the month so I have no game and no money. It doesn't encourage me to run out and pick up game products.

Once the paychecks start rolling in and I find a new group of gamers I'm sure I'll change my tune.

Morrow

MarauderX

Explorer
Nah, not me. Too many other things to spend money on right now, such as paying for my own wedding & honeymoon. The place is great though, and I would like to share seeing as how it may be inspirational to someone else besides me: Cloisters Castle.

One group I am with will be staying with 3.0, and I will probably wait until October to pick them up (when we get back from our extended honeymoon).

bret

First Post
Not getting them, but will read through the SRD.

Currently expect that 3.5 will cause considerable fragmentation of the market, with many people using house rules.

If they had made it more compatible with the older edition it is likely I would have bought them immediately. As it is, it is unlikely that I will even play in a 3.5 campaign. Thankfully, the change annoyed the main GMs enough that several have said 'next game will be in a different system'.

Staffan

Legend
I'm getting them eventually, but due to having very little money to spare at the moment they're kind of de-prioritized right now. I'll probably be getting AU before 3.5e as well, and maybe some Exalted stuff too.

kenjib

First Post
Not I. As a player, I can get by with the SRD if I need to. As a DM, I'd probably run something else or just use 3.0 since 3.5, while different, looks only marginally better.

Last edited:

Azlan

First Post
I believe most of the changes in 3.5 are good ones, though some of the changes are bad ones and seem to be in there only for the sake of making 3.0 obsolete and thus selling more books. Overall, the sheer number of changes -- good or bad -- seems excessive to me.

Anyway... I'm going to wait. My group isn't thrilled about buying new core rulebooks. Myself, I would've liked to buy 3.5, but financial difficulties at present prevent me from doing so.

Sure wish the U.S. economy would get back on its feet... !

:(

I was *this* close to allocating precious funds to buying the 3.5 rulebooks anyway, but Monte Cook's and Sean K. Reynold's separate reviews of 3.5 tipped me back into the other direction. It was close, though; and if I weren't so strapped for cash, I probably would've bought the rulebooks anyway. As for getting my players to do likewise: that would've been another matter.

We probably won't bother with the SRD, even if it is for free.

Last edited:

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Azlan said:
Myself, I would've liked to buy 3.5, but financial difficulties at present prevent me from doing so.

Sure wish the U.S. economy would get back on its feet... !

:(

Join the club. If this keeps up much longer, my gaming budget is gonna completely dry up.

Sure makes me glad to have salaried employment! It's not a guarantee, I suppose, but the chances of me being laid off or losing anything other than bonuses and raises is very slim.

That said, I'm still not picking up 3.5 right away, with the exception of the MM. Heck, is anyone getting it? ;)

Remove ads