Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

ced1106

Explorer
fyi, Itar's Workshop has started a "similar but not the same" dungeon thingies KickStarter.

Itar's Workshop:
* Basic tiles are half-wall height, and work well as narrow corridors.
* Accessories are unpainted medieval furniture.
* Low international shipping for one basic tile set.
* KS: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554948184/itars-workshop-dungeon-terrain/?ref=kicktraq

Dwaven Forge:
* Basic tiles are full-height, and work well for rooms and buildings.
* Accessories are customized door tiles and basic medieval furniture. Painted versions available.

I'm building a tavern, so went with the DF building tiles and IW accessories! :D

Last edited:

tangleknot

Explorer
In a couple hours we'll be 1 million. Its pretty apparent Stefan never expected it to do this well, and yet they have done a fantastic job keeping "us" backers happy with new types of floor pieces and modifying existing add-ons to make them more appealing!
They have just modified the dungeon dressing add-on, and although I'm gonna miss my pile of skulls and pillars, we get stairs (up and down), a pit and more doors!

MrBauxite

First Post
I love dwarven forge stuff - personally the original painted is great (although expensive!) and I love using it for those big final battles in the big bad's last dungeon...

Gryph

First Post
4 days left on this and the amount of additions given per set has become simply astounding. At the two set pledge level you get an amazing number of pieces for money. If you've been on the fence about this one, take a quick look again. I'm pretty sure this will hit the last two added stretch goals which are a few more cool accessories added to our sets.

sheadunne

Explorer
Okay, I'm getting on of each of the add-ons but I want one additional Dungeon Dressing pack. I'm having trouble deciding is it's worth getting getting an additional $60 set or $95 for two sets. I don't particular think I need more of any of the other add-ons (diagonal, round, or floors). I suppose I could get two additional Dungeon Dressing packs, instead of one additional one.

Suggestions?

Gryph

First Post
I think with the changes in the dungeon dressing add-on to include a nice selection of stairs that two of that add-on set would not be wasted.

lawful_stupid

First Post
The floor pack should not be overlooked. Creating freestanding buildings and raised platforms by placing floor tiles on top of walls and corners allows more versatility and visual interest. If you only have the 2" x 2" floor tiles, you are very limited in how you can build vertically without using some kind of internal support for the floors. A 6" x 4" floor tile needs only 3 or 4 corner pieces to hold it up.

As for Dungeon Dressing, I would say 2 sets is perfect. You get enough furniture and stairs to build almost any room.

Remove ads