Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

I am very tempted to get another 3 set as that is the sweet spot for shipping. The 5 set costs 200 shipping whereas you pay the same for 2x3 sets if you buy individually. That amount also means it will go under the import tax threshold...

decisions decisions as more and more pledge the deal is getting so much sweeter too, with kicktraq estimating 1.1 million (and there is normally as surge at the end)

tangleknot

Explorer
I told myself that I wouldn't snag an add-on since the price seemed a bit high, and I pledged my "max amount". But I just noticed they have a reduced price for non-painted add-ons, and they might supply dungeon dressings! I think I just might be able to squeeze out another $70 bucks without getting the wife to divorce me.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
So they've posted an image of the demon door, and... well...

I know it's supposed to be a keyhole in the mouth there, but to me it looks a bit like something else. Maybe it will look less suggestive after it's painted, but maybe that could be slightly resculpted?

Am I the only one who sees it?

Last edited:

ced1106

Explorer
Yes. :D

More importantly, if you play Descent or any "runebound-locked" door, you can drybrush one of your demon doors red, and another blue. Even if you don't use the other DF tiles, the demon-doors would be MUCH easier to distinguish in your Descent box from the other cardboard doors than the game's runebound doors.

Jupp

Explorer
And I do not think that chastity belts for doors are a something of this reality. So, yes. You are the only one :)

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Okay, cool. lol. I was just worried my players were going to fixate on it (they've already gotten hours of comedy out of "melf's acid arrow"... :rolleyes:)

The window piece looks cool. Reminds me of castles. Now that I think about it, there's lots of uses for a hole in the wall. Like the you-know-what in the Tomb of Horrors, or the slide in the Mines of Madness. Archers could take cover behind it, or it might be a portal or dart trap.

Callahan09

Explorer
So they've posted an image of the demon door, and... well...

I know it's supposed to be a keyhole in the mouth there, but to me it looks a bit like something else. Maybe it will look less suggestive after it's painted, but maybe that could be slightly resculpted?

Am I the only one who sees it?

Get your mind out of the gutter! Hahaha. I didn't see it before and after your comment I went back for another look and I still don't see it...

Remove ads