Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Callahan09

Explorer
Thanks for the update Stefan! By any chance have you already decided on the price you will charge when the tiles go on sale on your regular website?

Callahan09

Explorer
For anyone interested in this Kickstarter, DF posted a link to a sample image of a castle dungeon layout that could be built with the game tiles.

Here's the layout:
http://www.dwarvenforge.com/newsletter/castle.jpg

I did an analysis on the sample layout to determine what everyone would need to do in order to build it. I posted it on the Kickstarter, but comments tend to get buried there, and if anyone here was interested I thought I'd post my analysis here as well so it won't get as lost for ENWorld readers:

Here are the build requirements:

36" x 34" Footprint

41x Straight Wall
72x Floor
4x Corner Wall
14x Swinging Door
0x Pillar
30x Diagonal Wall
16x Diagonal Half Floor
37x Curved Corner
7x Curved Half Floor

Total: 221 Pieces

And below are the Minimum Pledge & Reward Selection to get enough of each piece to build it (pieces acquired from the reward selection is currently based on all stretch goals up to the $650,000 tier):

Rewards: 5x Basic Sets + 2x Diagonal Sets + 2x Curved Sets
Pledge: $400 Dungeon Gray / $570 Expertly Hand Painted

Pieces Acquired:

110x Straight Wall
90x Floor
40x Corner Wall
15x Swinging Door
10x Pillar
42x Diagonal Wall
26x Diagonal Half Floor
42x Curved Corner
26x Curved Half Floor

Total: 401 Pieces

Unused Pieces After Building The Castle:

69x Straight Wall
18x Floor
36x Corner Wall
1x Swinging Door
10x Pillar
12x Diagonal Wall
10x Diagonal Half Floor
5x Curved Corner
19x Curved Half Floor

Total: 180 Pieces

lawful_stupid

First Post
we will be doing more Dwarvenite Pieces, so you will be able to add more cool things in years to come, stuff like passages, caverns, whatever we dream up:)
Thanks again!

Thank you, sir, for lowering the barrier to entry into your addictive and awesome product line. Please, consider adding a 2" x 2" x 2" set of stairs to the Kickstarter stretch goals or to the eventual Game Tiles system. The 3D possibilities for raised daises, multilevel dungeons (using some kind of wood or foam to prop the second level), bridges, and archer platforms are making me break out the old graph paper. Thanks for the pillars, btw. They are another utility piece that open up a lot of options.

Gryph

First Post
Since the excellent folks at Dwarven Forge are allowing us to mix and match the add-ons to get the 2 set price, I just increased my commit to grab one each of the diagonal walls and corner walls. I'm going to need something bigger than the tote bag reward to hold all the pieces I'm getting with stretch goal freebies and addons.

I can't wait to see what they add when the kickstarter breaks a million.

Whirligig

First Post
I'm in for at least two sets at the moment. This is a fantastice deal. This is going to make an excellent gift for the Mr. for Chirstmas.

Remove ads