Kickstarter Anyone supporting the Dwarven Forge Kickstarter

Jupp

Explorer
Yep, back in my collector days a few years ago I was buying quite a bit of stuff from US Ebay auctions and the costs were quite reasonable. But somehow USPS must have changed something in the last 3 or 4 years when it comes to overseas packages. What did cost perhaps 30-60$ back then now costs well over 100$. But especially the situation with Canada is something I have never understood. They basically pay the same as international overseas destinations? Crazy stuff...

The bit I find odd about US shipping (to Australia at least, I don't know if this is true for other destinations) is that a few years back they removed the cheap, but slow, sea mail option for shipping. Prior to that I could get something posted from the US to Australia at a fairly reasonable price. Yes, it took a long time to arrive (the longest wait was 4 months, but it averaged 2-3 months), but I generally didn't mind waiting if it meant I saved on shipping costs.

Now the shipping times from the US to Australia are super fast, but pretty damn expensive. The best is example I have of how fast the shipping times now is late last year I order the second Walking Dead compilation through Amazon. I ordered it on the Saturday morning Australian time and it arrived at my house on the Tuesday. So 4 days, or 2 business days. That was with the standard Amazon shipping, not express. I've had packages that have been posted from within Australia take longer to arrive than that!

While I love the fast shipping times, I would still prefer the slower, but cheaper sea mail option if it was available.

Olaf the Stout

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
I backed it. Infact, I orderered 5 sets. As a pure concidence there are 4 people that work at Jon Brazer Enterprises and they are going to be released just before Chrstmas. ;)

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
I'm thinking of increasing my pledge to get a third set. I wonder (and I haven't checked the site lately, so maybe I'm missing something), if they'll set up some way to let us just order extra pieces to supplement our Backer Rewards?

If you plan on utilizing this stuff, can you ever really have too much of it?

tangleknot

Explorer
I'm under the impression that Dwarven forge will eventually start selling these game tiles on their website. This Kickstarter is an add campaign/ provide DF the molds to make economy tiles for gamers. Many gamers would never think to use 3D tiles for their games, they cost way too much. And since so few people have them, few know about them.
By creating a game tile that many gamers can afford, and easily use/ transport (they just made a durability video! They ran a corner piece over with a truck!) More people will know about them, and eventually more people might purchase their other resin products.
I don't think you can have too many, especially if you don't mind painting. If I feel like my 5 sets are too much I'll start to manipulate my other tiles. I might make dreamy dungeons, ice caverns. I might take my dremel to a couple and carve out demonic images (I plan to manipulate the under side of the tiles!) Worst case situation I'll have to refill in whatever I carve out, prime the tile black, and dry brush it look like the other tiles.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Trying to resist the urge to bump up my 2-set pledge to a 5-set one.

I'm pretty sure the 2 sets will have all the walls and floors I'll need for reasonable use, but I want more doors, diagonals, and pillars. Hoping for a "combo pack" add-on.

Riley

Legend
Someone over in the Kickstarter comments section pointed to this nice, free Dwarven Forge tile planner:

MasterMaze Tiles and TileSystem Program for Dwarven Forge

I used it to mock up a couple of my favorite dungeons - Jzadirune and The Whispering Cairn - and determined that I want 5 sets of tiles.

With 5 sets (and the free extras), I'll be able to built a very sizable portion of either of those dungeons. And it will be awesome.

Stefan Pokorny

First Post
Thanks so much everyone for backing us:) As you can see, we are getting more and more backers and so, adding more pieces for free, now diagonals and corners...coming up pillars and other kool things...welcome aboard:)
yes, afterward, we will be selling these new pieces on our site, but although they will be more affordable than our resin sets, they will not be as cheap as they are during this kickstarter, so load up now, remember, they are virtually indestructable, will last you a lifetime, and may even count as an investment as they will retain their value for your lifetime i am guessing...we will be doing more Dwarvenite Pieces, so you will be able to add more cool things in years to come, stuff like passages, caverns, whatever we dream up:)
Thanks again!

Remove ads