Pathfinder 2E AP Sales numbers?

Maenalis

Villager
I was wondering how successful the different 2e APs were? Does anybody have sales numbers?

I am guessing abominations vault is more successful than age of ashes? And my group completely skipped everything related to Strength of Thousands.

Reynard

Legend
I was wondering how successful the different 2e APs were? Does anybody have sales numbers?

I am guessing abominations vault is more successful than age of ashes? And my group completely skipped everything related to Strength of Thousands.
Only Paizo has those numbers and they have no reason to share them.

Maenalis

Villager
True.

But in the 1e era, if you could still buy the APs in print form - several months after they were released - I assumed they didn't sell that well. I guess the community has an idea on the topic?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
True.

But in the 1e era, if you could still buy the APs in print form - several months after they were released - I assumed they didn't sell that well. I guess the community has an idea on the topic?
Not selling well in print form at brick and mortar doesnt mean much. Lots of folks had subscriptions shipped directly to them (like me).

True.

I don’t know how accurate that even would be in the 1e era. Paizo seems to rely a lot on subscription numbers to decide on how big a print run should be, so a print book being available months after release doesn’t really indicate anything meaningful since we have no clue how many copies are still available.

It does stand to reason that Abomination Vaults is probably the top selling AP since it received a hardcover print run after the initial softcover print. It seems to be the most commonly recommended AP on reddit for a new GM to run in combination with the Beginner Box, so that likely helps it a bit.

Not selling well in print form at brick and mortar doesnt mean much. Lots of folks had subscriptions shipped directly to them (like me).
Free PDFs are a nice perk. I have an AP subscription currently despite the fact I’m aware I’ll never be able to run them all. I enjoy reading them and having options for what I’ll run down the road is nice too.

payn

I don’t know how accurate that even would be in the 1e era. Paizo seems to rely a lot on subscription numbers to decide on how big a print run should be, so a print book being available months after release doesn’t really indicate anything meaningful since we have no clue how many copies are still available.

It does stand to reason that Abomination Vaults is probably the top selling AP since it received a hardcover print run after the initial softcover print. It seems to be the most commonly recommended AP on reddit for a new GM to run in combination with the Beginner Box, so that likely helps it a bit.
Right, so far, AV seems to be the KM of the PF2 era.

payn

Free PDFs are a nice perk. I have an AP subscription currently despite the fact I’m aware I’ll never be able to run them all. I enjoy reading them and having options for what I’ll run down the road is nice too.
Yeap, I was a subscriber during PF1 era. I stopped at PF2 since im iffy on the edition and my group broke up during the pandemic.

Remove ads