• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick continues to stay close to his giant companion, hoping that the goliath will draw any potential threats away from him. Fenwick knows now that the time for caution and stealth is over and counts on his magical protections to keep him safe as his little legs pump to keep up with the much taller Hightower.

[sblock=OOC] Fenwick will do double move actions as well (note: his speed is only 20'/round) [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent awaits the actions of the foes. If there's an attack, then he will change his actions to reflect what happens. If not, then continue.

Trent spies the large Hightower moving through the trees with ease. He moves as well, keeping to the trail that hightower leaves behind him. He keeps his senses aura up, just to be on the safe side. He didn't want to get caught unawares.

moritheil

First Post
Rosa quickly calculates the probable outcome of a hidden force ambushing the party, and frowns slightly. Disguising her casting as only one with her training can, she conjures up a familiar-looking golden dust over the western pair of poison dusks, making them instantly visible to all. (Will DC 18 or blindness) She then moves towards the eastern pair, trusting that Hightower and the others will make short work of the enemy in a fair fight.

OOC DC 18: 1 cloaked casting 1 feat 2 spell level 4 int.
Skill trick: disguise casting

Arabesu

The two western poison-dusks are engulfed in Rosa's glitter. They scream out in draconic, "I'm blind. Intruder! Help. You lazy jerks, get over here. What are you waiting for? Get your armor on." They drop their bows and crawl around in the grass searching for the road obviously disorientated.

The poison-dusk between the huts, looks around to find the spellcaster speaking nearby but is apparently unable to locate her.

The fourth poison dusk locks eyes with her, barely alerted to her presence by her spellcasting. Drawing the last arrow out of the mushroom, he smiles a wicked grin, draws, steps to get a clear shot and fires two arrows from point blank range. Struck by two arrows, she pulls back, poison coursing through her veins.

OOC: Rosa takes 16 damage from the Lieutenant's two arrows, and needs to make two fortitude saves. Action points are encouraged. Two more saves will be required a minute later.

The three blackscales in the opposite camp look up when they hear the alert. One starts hurriedly trying to finish buckling his armor on, taking one small step closer to the eastern camp. A second blackscale decides that un-buckling will be faster and like his companion rushes to peal off his armor after taking a small step. The third decides to just trek toward the melee his armor half-on-half-off, but it seems like this will slow him significantly.

OOC: since everyone else is closing for the time being its Rosa's turn again...

OOC: I'm going to say that with his door-sized shield up, Hightower can try to "bullrush" his way through the forest if he wants. This will get him to square L37 at the end of this round rather than the next, but he will take 1d6 subdual damage to do so. If he wants... Oh, and everyone else will be able to close to be just behind him since he'll be clearing an open path.

Rosa 20
Fenwick 17a
Poison-dusks 17b
Trent 14
Hightower 8

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Rosa staggers back, alarmed at being found out with no warrior-types close at hand to protect her. She attempts to hide again and move away from this dangerous enemy.

Hide (hide in plain sight) (1d20 18=31)

Fort saves (1d20 5=8, 1d20 5=24)

OOC: Though I'm familiar with general 3.5, I'm really not sure how action points work with saves. The only use I'm familiar with is speeding up spontaneous metamagic. As I said yesterday (prior to rolling the dice today) I'm quite willing to spend AP on these saving throws. Let me know if I need to roll something else, or what.

I'm assuming the Lieutenant got a new chance to detect Rosa because of glitterdust's visible spell effect, and he rolled Spot to beat her Hide . . . since her use of the skill trick for this combat means that people do not notice her act of casting. Well, either way Rosa is no front-line combatant and would quickly try to get hidden again.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC-Sounds good to me. Bull rush HOOOOO! Strength Check: (1d20+13=26) (plus 2 for each one that uses the aid another action).

Hearing the telltale sounds of battle errupt before he is in range, Hightower braces his shield against his shoulder and careens strait through the underbrush toward the clearing. "Help me push now or we are all dead!" A deep and terrifying bellow echoes through the trees as he crashes out toward the clearing. And even as he starts to move forward, the goliath grows large and the rivulets of his feiry blood glow through the joints of his armor as do his eyes. (Use AP to rage again)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Sensing the fear in Hoppy that is shared in their unique empathic link and hearing the goliath's word, Fenwick pushes with all his might. Even standing at half of Hightower's height, Fenwick manages to help propel the wrecking ball faster along.

[sblock=Strength Check]
Aid Another (1d20=16)
Only 25% of helping... go Fenwick!
[/sblock]

Arabesu

Rosa makes to take a quick step to the left, the Lieutenant turns to track her with his bow but realizes she did not actual move. Turning back to scan starting place he loses her in the shadow of the hut.

He frantically searches for a new target and spots Hightower emerging through the brush (@L37) at about the same time that the other poison-dusk does. They both take a small step to get a clear shot (@E38/39) and fire, one arrow hitting his armor, one burying itself in his tower shield while both of the arrows fired by the lieutenant strike him

OOC: 9 damage + 1 subdual to get to L37, two poisoned arrows, so you know the drill. That lietenant is a monster.

The blackscales continue to plod toward you, one just making it to the edge of their camp, about 100 ft away, while the other two are still somewhat behind.

OOC I'm assuming Hightower has AC 21 for the moment since you can't use expertise while raging and he has the shield up.

OOC Poison dusks delayed. Init order updated. Rosa's turn. Hightower and co at L37ish, I'll try to update your map tomorrow if you need me to, but you are encouraged to take your actions whenever if you don't need the new map.

Rosa 20
Fenwick 17a
Trent 14
Hightower 8a
Poison-dusks 8b
Blackscales ?

moritheil

First Post
As the dangerous archer who shot her moves west to intercept Hightower, Rosa very carefully moves away from him, towards the east and the final poison dusk. She eyes this archer carefully, wondering if she can perhaps empty his quiver without him noticing, or steal a potion or something.

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick Cobbwinkle - 26 HP - F+3/R+3/W+5 - 18 AC - DR 10/magic for Ranged Weapons

Fenwick sees the danger the archers represent and know that he needs to take the one out who so easily struck the goliath. He reaches into his pouch, pulls out some pork rind and goes through his gestures, while uttering the words of arcane power. Fenwick finishes by pointing at the poisondusk who hit Hightower and a greasy coating covers the bow. After his spellcasting, Fenwick darts off to the east attempting to use the jungle as cover against any return fire.

[sblock=ooc] I'm pretty sure it's obvious, but casting Grease on the lieutenant's bow, Reflex save DC 16. 5 rounds. Moves 20' East to M41. Hide (1d20+7=9) [/sblock]

[sblock=Spells Remaining]
0-level: 5
1st: 3
2nd: 4

From Cloak: Dimension Door, Sending
[/sblock]

Remove ads