• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

moritheil

First Post
Spot (1d20 9=20)

"I'm poisoned and weak," Rosa whispers to Hoppy and any nearby allies, assuming she does not see any enemies within hearing. "I could also use some healing later, but for now I might not be much use. I will stay hidden."

Having said that, she moves to put Hightower between her and the marauding blackscales, and to get as far from the front lines as she can while maintaining stealth.

OOC: So, Rosa prepared to scatter caltrops behind the lizardfolk but it was slain by Hightower first? No complaints here :D

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - Yup, Trent wounded the leutenant then Hightower killed him with his normal attack and then killed the other 3 with AoOs. Lets have a big hurrah for glitterdust, quickly becoming one of my favorite low lvl spells! :) any buffing like str/dex/con would be highly appreciated.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spot (1d20 2=20)

Trent retrieves his spear, as it returns easily to his hand. (Free Action) Then, spotting the newcomers, he mutters, "I've got one more surprise for them...must have been something I ate..."

With that, Trent sneers, knowing that the others would get the hint that his breath weapon had not been used yet. It wasn't as potent as he hoped for, but it was something...

OOC - Hard to know what I am going to do, as I don't know where those guys are, how far, and where we are now on the map. Can you update so I can get an idea of what to do? Spiked Chain would be granted AoO's from them charging, so I figure we would wait. Then the breath weapon could take care of those that might get tripped.... hint hint.

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick looks at the others and shrugs helplessly at the goliath "Sorry Hightower, I've no spells to help you out". Fenwick does begin an incantation and points at the lead blackscale. Three bolts of energy fly from his finger and strike unerringly into the creature. After his display, Fenwick will ensure that Hightower and Trent are positioned between him and the enemies.

[sblock=Rolls]
Magic Missile Damage (1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=2, 1d4+1=5) Total 11
[/sblock]

Arabesu

They charge!

Trent moves to get just behind and to the south of Hightower readying himself to breath his line of acid.

Fenwick fires his bolts of force at the lead Blackscale, blowing hunks of scale and flesh from its bulky frame

Rosa elects to continue hiding near the center of the poison dusk camp (she still has one additional round of actions left before their charge).

Hightower draws a potion from his gear as he moves toward blackscales, drinking it as he stops.

After all of the heroes have acted and taken up an easily defended arrangement, the blackscales surge toward them with an acceleration that belies their girth. They swing and throw their full weight into their warclubs trying to crush Hightower.

OOC: Surprise! 40ft movement rate. PA full. Lets resolve hightower's AOO before I roll up the charge attacks...

Just as the Blackscales rush forward with a yell, Hightower, Rosa, and Trent all notice the slightest movement from body of the poisondusk lieutenant out of the corner of their eyes. His finger has strayed to cover the three moonstones on his broad leather belt. Although his eyes are closed, his wounds begin to heal almost completely! Apparently he is faking, but the keen eyes of Rosa, Hightower, and Trent see right through his charade even though he made the slightest move. He lies perfectly still, apparently hoping that no one has noticed.

OOC: no AOO from activating this magic item.

Rosa 20 (still hiding?)
Blackscales 19 (charging hightower)
Fenwick 17a
Trent 14
Hightower 8

Attachments

• map1_post195.jpg
    map1_post195.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 54

Vertexx69

First Post
Ready for some type of curve ball, the reckless charge is almost a let down regardless of the surprising speed. Sweeping arcanis trudeath low through the path each blackscale as they move into his scope. Trip vs touch/str chk/attack vs prone/dmg: 26/37/31/22, 15/30/19/19, 23/32/23/22) cleanly sweeping all 3 off of there feet and deftly rending the flesh from their freshly exposed bodies.

OOC - If they run up in the formation they are in on the map, then the first attack is targeted at the bottom guy, the 2nd is targeted to the top guy and the 3rd is at the guy in the rear.

Last edited:

Arabesu

The three Blackscales suddenly find themselves on the ground, wondering how their charge was so easily foiled. The lead blackscale, who had been injured by Fenwick, appears to be unconscious.

OOC: Your modifier on the strength check should be +15, rather than +19; I think that you're stacking powerful build and mountain rage again: +7 str, +4 feat, +4 size. Is there something else? At least your character sheet agrees with my math.

OOC: But yeah. There are pretty well and tripped. The first one had a chance (he rolled a 27 thanks to his +8 modifier) but your roll + modifiers are just too good.

moritheil

First Post
Noting that the lieutenant continues to lie still with his eyes closed, Rosa sneaks up and attempts to steal the sword he was about to draw earlier, planning to retreat south with it.

Sleight of Hand (1d20 12=22) (not sure what bonus applies for the lieutenant being blind.)

OOC: I'm not 100% sure how many actions Rosa has or how many that would take. Rosa is pretty close according to the map, and an enemy with its eyes closed looks like easy pickings to a thief. ;) She would, of course, not hang around there if she can help it. In the event that I misread and she's too far away to steal this round, I don't think she would go after it.

Arabesu

Rosa takes the lieutenant's sword easily, and almost feels him stiffen ever so slightly as she does so. Yet he makes no action to stop her and continues to play the possum. Retreating to the lip of the fire-pit she notes the mastercraft construction on the blade.

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick Cobbwinkle - 26 HP - F+3/R+3/W+5 - 18 AC - DR 10/magic for Ranged Weapons

Fenwick sees his opportunity to strike now that the blackscales are lying on the ground thanks to Hightowers sweep. He reaches into himself and draws upon the fiery energy manifesting iteself as a ray of flame that he directs at the Blackscale on the right. However, the strain of the battle is getting to him and his ray fires well to the right of his target, harmlessly scorching a small patch of grass.

[sblock=Rolls]
Ranged Touch Attack; Scorching Ray (1d20+5=6, 4d6=12) Doh!
[/sblock]

Remove ads