• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Power: How long before the pirated copy appears

How long before the pirated copy hits the torrents

• 1 day

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • 2-3 days

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • 4-5 days

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • a week

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • two weeks

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • three weeks

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • a month

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • longer than a month

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lemon curry/no idea

Votes: 6 4.6%

• Poll closed .

Dice4Hire

First Post
Now anything to do with DDi, yes that's another story. I won't be purchasing any books that can only be read with some kind of online drm reader, assuming that is the plan.

I am sure that is the plan. I am also sure WOTC will just put the reader and the files behind the DDI firewall and run it that way. It is not really wrong, per se, but WOTC has tons of good product out there, it is a shame it will probably never again be freely available for purchase.

I look at some of the electronic book sites and see titles available in a dozen or more formats, sometimes a score or more,and it jsut makes me think WOTC is a stick-in-the mud

And I usually defend WOTC.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Which is absolutely no problem for the computer literate gamers. I can always print out a copy of a PDF. If a book is ruined, you're SOL.

A print from a PDF and a book are also not the same thing. At best, a printed thing is a lot of time and effort (and money) invested in an ultimately sub-par product.

It's still quite a different beast from the book itself.

Drkfathr1

First Post
I say 4-5 days. There will be more demand for this book and I think there will be a rush among the pirates to outdo the time it took for Arcane Power.

I haven't been paying much attention to the PDF debate. Exactly what was WotC's DRM model?
There wasn't one.

All my WotC PDF purchases have my name on them (like everything else I bought from Paizo / RPGNow).

Apparently this is easy enough to remove if you know what you are doing (I don't) and can get you into a whole heap of trouble if you lend your PDF to a "friend" and he sticks it on the internet - as a Polish defendant is claiming happened in his case.

RPGNow also only let me download up to 5 copies, but with Paizo I had unlimited downloads. Pretty much a moot point, as I never downloaded any of them more than twice, and anyway I believe in practice RPGNow were happy to allow an additional download if you had a reasonable sob story.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads