[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human of light featured but slightly red skin from time in the sun approaches the mystic pearl and enters. He looked at all of the baubles and items for sale and slowly passes them all only to eventually stop at the parchment scrolls that are stacked up. He peruses them until he understands the categorization process and then starts looking for what he came here in search of.

he pulls out two scrolls over time and then walks up to the counter. Asking in a polite low voice he asks for 2 potions of healing. the clerk returns with two vials and Heinrich counts out the gold and takes his purchases. right before he leaves he stops and returns to the scrolls and searche a different group.

he looks pleased when he finds two more scrolls after a bit. He walks to the counter again and talks price. he counts out more gold and then packs all of his purchases up and quickly leaves to the Dunn Wright Inn.
money spent:
Scrolls: 50 gp +300 gp
potions: 100 gp Healing

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari and Tagaiwi once more stalk the aisles of the Mystic Pearl. Once finding the Armor section, he begins browsing through the piles of armor. Luckily, they're sorted by size and shape . . . though it takes him a while, he finally finds a set that suits his purposes. Tagaiwi's none too happy with him; it takes the cat most of the long walk back to the Dunn Wright to get used to moving in the supple suit of leather barding, and the studs of bone set into it irritated him until he became accustomed to them.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik strides into the Mystic Pearl grinning, and begins running from item to item with childish exuberance. After a half hour or so - trying on every hat and helmet insight takes some time - he moves over to the counter beaming.

"Some place you have, must be brilliant working here! Izzik Deeks, pleased to meet you - Almar right? Anyway I am looking for something to make it easier for me to carry stuff, maybe a well crafted pack? I don't know anything else you can suggest?"

Almar Ben Shawari twirls his moustaches as he considers, "Ah yes! I have the very thing, not only will it enable you to carry more than a sturdy mule, but it will also enhance the appearance of your musculature to a most impressive degree. Ah here they are, Muleback Cords Master Izzik Deeks! Do try them on!"

The summoner excitedly stips to the waist and wraps the cords around his shoulders and biceps before pulling his shirt back on and making a strongman pose.

"Resplendent master Deeks!"

Izzik beams, "You have yourself a deal Almar my man! Now I was also looking for some scrolls... Oh, let me have, um, three of those, and one of them, and hmmm. Let's see I could also use a shield that will not get in the way too much... Darkwood, yes that will work! Now I also wanted some mundane stuff, and I suppose I can upgrade my armor..."

OOC: Izzik buys the Muleback Cords for 1000gp.
3 Scrolls of Rejuvinate Eidolon Lesser for 75gp
A Scroll of Expeditious Retreat for 25gp
A Scroll of Mount for 25gp
Darkwood Shield for 257gp
Flask of Acid x 5 50gp
Vermin Repellent x 3 15gp
Spell Component Pouch 5gp
Scroll Case 1gp
Backpack 2gp
Bedroll 1sp
Shaving Kit 15sp
Belt Pouch 1gp
And a regular Chain Shirt for 100gp

And sells his Studded Leather Armor for 25gp.

Total expenditure 1532gp and 6sp.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will walk into the Mystic Pearl and be absolutely amazed at the interior. His primary objective is to find a weapons rack to see if a better heavy flail might be available. He finds a few, and eventually settles on one of good solid dwarven manufacture after filling the store with several solid thwacks as he tests them all multiple times to ensure that they are of proper quality. He will also pick up a potion of cure light wounds, a staple that no adventurer should be without, and checks into selling back some of his old weaponry to help pay for everything.
OOC: Buying
Masterwork Heavy Flail: 315 gp
Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 50 gp
Total: 365 gp

Selling
Heavy Flail: 15 gp
Dagger: 2 gp
Total: 17 gp

Final Cost: 348 gp

Last edited:

Mahorfeus

First Post
Disappointed in the performance of the shortbow he used as of late, Bozzago wandered into the Pearl, intent on replacing it. He felt that a longbow would be far more efficient, especially one he could take advantage of his strength with. He would rather not have another comrade die on his watch.

The tengu did not quite find the specific variety of longbow he was looking for, but during his search he would come across an ordinary, well-made shortbow. Bozzago would decide to fork over the 375 gold pieces, and another piece for a quiver of arrows to go with it. He would sell his shortbow to help pay it off.

OOC: Buying:
masterwork shortbow for 335 gp
20 shortbow arrows for 1 gp

Selling:
shortbow for 30 gp

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Need to add treasure from Bat's in the Belfry...

LOOT:

Dust of dryness = 850gp
Elixirs of hiding(x2) = 250gp each
Potion of magic fang = 50gp
masterwork shortbow = 330gp

So if any judge has time to add this please let me know. If not I will tonoght after work.

[MENTION=6667969]Mahorfeus[/MENTION] you have listed masterwork shortbow at 335gp cost is 330gp don't spend that extra 5gp all in one place now you hear. And it was ok to use the roll for the mw longbow for the mw shortbow instead (even though it wouldn't have mattered mw shortbow was on the way) ;)

HM

sunshadow21

Explorer
When Ausk enters the Mystic Pearl this time, his objective is the consumable magic section. Seeing a potion of longstrider sitting on a shelf, he will grab it for those situations where he needs more speed than his leg currently allows him to have. He will also inquire into the procurement of half a dozen cure light scrolls. Finding only one in stock, he will take it, along with a scroll case and a third belt pouch to carry his potions and scrolls in, and hurry out to rejoin the rest of the group as they head out to hunt some goblins.

OOC: Buying
Potion of Longstrider 50 gp
Scroll of Cure Light Wounds 25 gp
Scroll Case 1 gp
Belt Pouch 1 gp
Total cost 77 gp

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik tuts, "Only one scroll? How about a wand? Maybe I should by more acid, ooh, or this! What is this? I'm going to try it on! Oh I don't think you wear it like that, that does not smell right, hmmm." He pulls out dusty oddment after oddment examining each excitedly in turn.

OOC: Sunshadow: Since the 2nd roll was a fail you only find 1 scroll of Cure Light Wounds - once you fail to find one once you cannot see if they have another one, that would be rather silly.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Finding herself overburdened with her new gear, Garnet Sharnhearth attempts to purchase a better backpack

OOC: Trying to buy MW backpack. Got this advice re: character level up just before new adventure began, but nothing serious has happened yet. Hope it does not create a problem to retcon it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases