[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Walking Dad

First Post
2 potions cure light wounds (50gp each)
rod of dissolution (2 charges) (6,000gp)
OOC: Rod has only 1 charge left, so it is only worth 3,000gp. Effect works like touch range Disintegrate spell ((CL 12; 12d6 damage; DC 19 Fort to reduce it to 5d6), but if you kill a creature with it, blood remains, not dust. Activation Word: Sanguine

Last edited:

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth walks into the shop and purposefully heads towards the weaponry section. She peruses the weapons, especially the ones of better quality, but ends up with an annoyed expression on her face as she doesn't seem to find what she wants. "Hey, you," she addresses the shopkeeper. "Would you happen to have a light sword you could sell me?" Coreuth mock fences with an imaginary opponent. "...you know, something not too heavy...and preferrably very well made."

The elf squeaks with joy when presented with a masterwork rapier, and she promptly counts out enough coin to purchase the weapon. "I'm also looking for a potion of magical armor. You got one of those?" Coreuth smiles at her find.

"Well, I'd also like to get rid of this suit of leather armor. It just doesn't suit me."

[sblock=Wealth]931 GP
- 320...MW Rapier
- 50...potion
+ 10...leather armor
= 671 GP[/sblock]

Last edited:

maquise

First Post
Mandalo Chalybis, after picking up a few potions, begins to search for a smith to upgrade his sword.

Potion of Cure Light Wounds (x2) 100 gp
MW Longsword = 300 (Do I include the trade-in value? Otherwise, 315 gp)

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Goods sell for full value so 315gp for the sword, but you need to roll for the availability of one potion since there are only 2 CLW potions in the inventory. As soon as you get an unavailable result that means there are no more.

Songdragon

Explorer
[sblock=Question]I was not sure where to post a question about items for the MP. So here it is.

When a character looks for an item and the item is not found (ie roll over 76% for masterwork/magical items) how long before that item can be looked for again?

Thanks,
Songdragon[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Songdragon]There really isn't a consensus at this point in time. One judge says between adventures, another says only once a month real time. I personally feel that if a DM allows travel to the Pearl then its ok to try again regardless of the time. However, it's been 3 1/2 months since you last brought Zelena here so I think it's ok to try for your item again.[/sblock]

Fury enters the Mystic Pearl and heads to the huge cabinet that contains scrolls and begins thumbing through them looking specifically for something that will help combat fear.

Looking for scroll of Remove Fear (not found)
Mithril Chain shirt (found, yay!)​

Not having any luck with the scroll Fury returns to his adventuring companions sporting shiny new armor.
Sell leather for 10 gp, buy mithril chain shirt for 1,100; total expenditure 1,090 gp

EDIT: the 3rd roll is for his cold iron rapier

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
While the group of adventures are looking for weapons the gnomish woman looks along the shelves...

Zelena searches for
Ioun Torch (Advanced Players Guide p 306) (75 gp)​

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo wanders through the city and arrives at the world renowned Mystic pearl

Mwk rapier: 320 gp
mwk chain shirt: 250 gp
mwk backpack: 50 gp
liquid ice: 40 gp
rope, silk 50 ft: 10 gp
sunrods x 3: 6 gp
trail rations: 5 days at 2.5 gp, 5 lbs
total bought: 678.5

sell studded leather: 25 gp
sell rapier: 20 gp
sell backpack; 2 gp
total sold: 47 gp