[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A human with the hair the color of flames enters the mystic pearl.

" I look fur head band." he says to the proprietor who hands him one. 1d100=62

"Ah goot, I trade?" he produces bracers

OOC: sell bracers ac +2 4000 gp
buy headband of vast intelligence +2 4000 gp

random knowledge:
1d10=2

goot day sir!

soulnova

Explorer
"Good day" Galandra says to the shop keeper, now that she's more familiar with the place. "I hope I can find this... I need an efficient quiver and a very, VERY good composite longbow." She checks all available longbows until deciding for one made of bright red wood. "Yes, this one will be fine. I'll be also getting the following, please" she passes an additional list to the man with the rest of the items she needs.

OOC:
Starts with 3,971.58 gp

SELLS
Composite Longbow Str+2 300gp
Total +300 gp

BUYS
Efficient Quiver 1800gp
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000gp
Masterwork Composite Longbow STR+3 750gp
x10 Masterwork Arrows 60gp
x10 Javelins 10gp
x3 Spears 6gp
Quarterstaff --

Total -3626 gp

Final Balance 645.58 gp

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna returns to the Mystic Pearl, the emporium where anything can be bought, if you know how to ask for it. She finds a clerk and gets help finding most of what she is looking for. A backpack that carries the weight so she doesn't have to. And it has to be able to deal with her extended trips in the sea. Something that blocks magic missiles and lets her fling them back at people. Something that will let her tip the scales of luck when she needs it most. These major items the clerk is able to find for her. When looking for a potion to endure cold or hot weather, the shop is out of stock. They do have potions that will make her bigger and stronger though. Finally, she comes to the realization that her money purse is not infinitely full and settles up on what they have found together so far.

"Wait a minute, I can't use that thing. It is for sirens, not me." She puts back the scrawled trinket.

8,000 gp Ring of Forcefangs (1d100=14) success
2,000 gp Handy Haversack (1d100=43) success
1,000 gp Page of Spell Knowledge containing "Timely Inspiration" (1d100=17) success
....--- gp Potion of Endure Elements (1d100=86) failed
....50 gp Potion of Enlarge Person (1d100=69) success
....50 gp Potion of Ant Haul (1d100=31) success
=====
11,100 gp total purchases

-1,000 gp Page of Spell Knowledge. (oops, doesn't work for her.)
=====
10,100 gp total purchases

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
A pale eyed dwarf bursts into the Mystic Pearl, literally skidding to a stop.

"Can I help y--" the clerk begins.

"No time! No time! Cavernous Hode is horribly underdressed! And late! How can he be an adventurer if he is underdressed and late? He will be roundly mocked and never invited to adventure again!" He begins tearing through the bins.

"Sir! Sir! I must ask y--"

"This! This is perfect for Cavernous Hode!" he says, holding up a breastplate carved from a turtle shell. "And Cavernous Hode will take some potions and things," he says, sweeping the contents of a shelf into his pack.

"But it costs--"

The dwarf throws a large pouch of gold on the counter and pulls off his hide armor. "This is adequate compensation, yes?" he says, pulling on the breastplate.

"Sir! Sir! You--"

"No time! No time! Cavernous Hode is already late!" He runs out of the store in no less of a hurry than he ran in.

As the door closes, the clerk sighs and says, "I was trying to tell you that you had the breastplate on backwards."

[sblock=OOC]Selling
MWK Hide armor: 165 gp

Buying
+1 bone agile breastplate 1350gp +1 bone BP (1d100=19)
origami swarm 300 gp origami swarm (1d100=34)
Potion of Longstrider (50 gp) -in stock
Potion of Magic Fang (50gp) -in stock
feather token fan (200gp) feather token fan (1d100=52)
Stubborn nail (100gp) stubborn nail (1d100=42)
Potion, Oil of Magic Weapon (50 gp total) - in stock
universal solvent (50 gp) - universal solvent (1d100=28)
feather token tree (400gp) -in stock

Total spent: 2550 gp
Total recieved: 165 gp
Net change: -2385 gp

Not in stock
Cloak of resist +1 (1d100=89)
elixir of hiding (1d100=79)
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Haunted Fey Aspect = 71; Mount = 46

Thuvian quickly stops by Arcane Row, though his stops include more than just the Mystic Pearl. At the Pearl, he quickly grabs a few more scrolls he thinks might be useful, alhtough. The rest of the shopping trip involves securing and provisioning for a mount and himself for a long trip. He then retires to his home to quickly get a few of the more useful spells put in his spellbook.

[sblock=Transcription of spells into spellbook]Spellcraft (Haunted Fey Aspect) = 23
Spellcraft (Create Pit) = 26, Spellcraft (Detect Secret Doors) = 29[/sblock]

OOC: Buying
Scroll of Haunted Fey Aspect 12.5 gp
Scroll of Mount 25 gp
Transcribing Costs 55 gp
Light Horse 75 gp
Riding Saddle 10 gp
Feed for horse for 10 days 5 sp
Trail Rations for 10 days 5 gp
Tent 10 gp
Folding Chair 2 gp

Total 195 gp

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Having received a retainer for more work, Tasanto stops by the Pearl to pick up a couple scrolls. Shopping around, he finds what he needs. To cover the costs, he still has to sell back a potion, but the new scrolls provide more versatility. Considering the long journey, he stocks up on food as well for the trip. The final item he grabs is a small tent.

200 gp Scroll of Summon Eidolon (1d100=43) success
200 gp Scroll of Lesser Evolution Surge (1d100=1) crit success (too bad crits don't get extra goodies here.)
8 gp for 16 days of trail rations
10 gp for a small tent
-50 gp Selling one potion of Cure Light Wounds
====
368 gp paid

soulnova

Explorer
"Well, hello! Good sir! Not so long since my last visit, I hope!" Damaris giggles and moves closer to the counter. "I'll be getting some mundane stuff this time"

Initial funds 330.78

OOC:
x2 oil - NT
x1 soap - NT
1x Bedroll - NT
1x Sack - NT
x20 Trial rations - 10gp
x2 Holy Water - 50gp
x1 Alchemist Fire - 20gp
x1 Acid Flask - 10gp
Total 90gp

x1 Light Horse - 75 gp
x1 Bit and bridle - 2gp
x1 Riding saddle - 10gp
Total 87 gp

GRAND TOTAL - 177 gp
Remaining Funds - 153.78gp

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion returns to buy a few more things he forgot...
Buying:
Light Horse - 75 gp
Bit and Bridle - 2 gp
Riding Saddle - 10 gp
CLW potion SK just sold - 50 gp
2 addional CLW potions from stock - 100 gp
Soap - NT
x20 Trail Rations - 10 gp
Total - 247 Gold

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien comes in at some point in his free time, heading up to the counter to speak with the keeper, "Is it possible to find some healing potions this time 'round? I also want to look at your magical items."

OOC: Potion of Cure Light Wounds x2 1d100=33, 1d100=14 - Success for both: 100 GP
Handy Haversack 1d100=21 - Success: 2000 GP

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion comes in, looking for a special spellbook that will allow him a much easier time adding spells. However, not finding one, he discusses with the clerk about having one crafted for him.

In the mean time, Anaerion looks for a ring that will allow him more time in the day to be awake, and a spell that will simplify his camping when he returns to the field.

But for now, Anaerion was looking for a place to live while living in Venza. He asks around for a place with ample storage space for books, to both further his study and to allow Malkovian more books to read.

Blessed Book: Not found :( 1d100=100. Commission Started 3/25/2013. Paid 12,500 in advance for completion. Will be completed in 39 days, on May 3rd 2013.
Ring of Sustenance: 1d100=58
Average Life Style: 100 gp
Rope Trick 1d100=3 190 gold. Anaerion auto makes the Spellcraft check (DC 17 vs Spellcraft + 19)
Books: 400 gp in reading materials.

17,400 gold in total.

EDIT:
Anaerion returns later in the afternoon, inquring about a stylish cloak to wear while he goes adventuring. Finding one that meets his need, he quickly buys it and leaves.

Cloak of Resistance +1: 1d100=28 Found. 1000 gp

Last edited:

Remove ads