[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric steps into the shops for some browsing. "Oy! Shopkeep, show me what you got for armor and weapons. I have gold to spend."

He looks around at several things, wondering what he will buy.

OOC: Still thinking and need to figure it out before deciding if I am going to be crafting.

+3 Adamantine Platemail (%30) (1d100=85) - Nope
+2 Adamantine Platemail (%50) (1d100=61) - Nope
+3 Darkwood Heavy Shield (%75) (1d100=57) - Available (Bought 8257gp)
+3 Cloak of Resistance (%75) (1d100=5) - Available (Bought 9000gp)
Boots of Striding and Springing (%75) (1d100=55) - Available (Bought 5500gp)
Eyes of Eagle (%75) (1d100=60)- Available (Bought 2500gp)
CLW Wand (%75) (1d100=8)- Available (Bought 750gp)
+1 Holy Mithral Flail (%60) (1d100=7)- Available (Bought 20508gp)
+1 Chain Shirt (%75) (1d100=34)- Available (Bought 1250gp)

Selling Shield, +1 Heavy Steel 1170 gp
Selling +1 Shock Flail 8308 gp
Selling MWK Silver Morningstar 398 gp
Selling +2 Cloak of Resistance 4000 gp
Selling MWK Chain shirt 250 gp

Buying 47765gp
Selling 14126gp

Total Transaction costs 33639gp

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain wanders in and pushes Borric in the back in a playful manner. "Watch out, man. Serious patronage here! Get your nasty armor out of the way.I need a new headband.

Syl looks at the new headband to see if any of them are what he is searching for.

Buying:
Headband of Vast Intelligence +4 (16,000 gp) 1d100=35 Found!

Selling: Headband of Vast Intelligence +2 (2,000 gp)

Total Transaction cost 14, 000

Gerald007

First Post
Thinking over things, Syl wasn't quite happy with just getting his headband. "We need to do some dickering, Shopkeep. If I can find more gear, I have some items for trade that you might find interesting."

OOC: Looking to buy:

Pearl of Power (1st level) 1,000 gp) 1d100=81 NOT FOUND
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 (4,000 gp) 1d100=29 FOUND
Cloak of Resistance +3 (9,000 gp) 1d100=47 FOUND
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (750 gp) 1d100=2 FOUND

Selling:
Bracers of Armor +1 (1,000 gp)
Figurine of Power, Bronze Griffon (10,000 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +2 (4,000 gp)

So total purchased was 13,750, and total sold was 15,000, meaning I get 1,250 gp back in change!

Gerald007

First Post
"Well, this excess money is burning a hole in my pocket,Waltor," Syl talks to his scorpion as he walks to the door. "Let's see what high level scrolls they might have."

OOC:
Looking to buy:

Scroll of Teleport (1125 gp) 1d100=20 FOUND
Scroll of Summon Monster V (1,125 gp)
1d100=24 FOUND

Selling:

Tanglefoot Bag 50 gp

Total expenses: Total purchased was 2,250 gp. Total sold was 50 gp. Therefore, total spent in this transaction was 2,200 gp.

jkason

First Post
A man clad mostly in greens and browns steps into the shop, a bubbly half-elf chatting him up about something in the shop windows they just passed. He gives the man at the front counter a nod and shrug, then quickly surveys the shop.

"You're right, Tyrien," he says to the half-elf as he hefts an especially shiny breastplate. "Mithral's got a good heft. This, yes?" he says, laying the breastplate on the counter. "Now, what do you have that'll help a bowman?"

The shop keeper, after rooting around, can do little more than apologize to the red-haired archer. Eanos merely shrugs.

"Sometimes the best secrets take a while to find. Your workman can construct bracers to sharpen my eye and aim, yes?"

"My bow. Heard of an enchantment to cut through fog?"

"Oh! We have that enchanter on hand!" the shopkeep says, calling over a lithe woman in dark robes worked with runes. She nods, and takes the bow briefly to the back as Eanos produces the coin to pay for his purchases and files the paperwork for the bracers he has commissioned. Eanos produces a wand in the exchange as he realizes he has need of more coin than he at first bargained for, which buys some more time for the enchanter. By the time he's done, the woman returns, presenting the bow with little fanfare. Eanos draws back the string, considering then nods and gives a small smile.

"Excellent."

OOC: IC is down. Went with coyotecode:

+1 Seeking comp longbow +1 str: 1D100 = = 90 No luck there.

And... now I can't get the coyotecode roller to do any more rolls. WTF. Sigh. Well, screw this. I'll just commission the bracers and come back to pick them up. :mad: For the love of ... somewhere the math on Eanos' sheet went into the abyss, so it doesn't look like he actually has enough for the bracers, anyway. Sigh.

I'm refluffing the 'sell old bow, get new bow' into adding an enchantment, since I'm paying off the commissioning for that, anyway. I'll account for it as a sale / buy below, though, to keep things clean.

Starting coin: 14,224.58 gp12473.58 gp

Selling: MW Chain Shirt (250 gp)
+1 Composite Longbow +1 Str (2,500)
Full Wand CLW (750)

New funds total: 15973.58

Buying: +1 Mithral Breastplate from stock 5,200 gp (will update after posting).

Commissioning: Bracer's of Falcon's Aim (4,000 gp). Ready Sept. 18
+1 Seeking Composite Longbow +1 Str (8,500). Buying off the 27 day commission time with 1 DMC.

Total spent: 13700 gp

Remain: 2273.58 gp

Last edited:

Garadh enters the shop. After Eanos is finished, he goes up to the shopkeeper. "I am looking for a new weapon ... hmmm, this silver morningstar looks good to me." He tests its weight in his hand. "Yes, I definitely want this one... and - ah! this shield... wonderful. I'm looking for some new armor as well..."

OOC: Buying MWK silver morningstar (398 gp) and +1 light wooden shield (1,153 gp) from inventory. I'm also buying (mundane) masterwork scale mail (200 gp).

Sell back light wooden shield (3 gp), flail (8 gp), studded leather (25 gp).

Total spent: 1751 gp
Get back: 36 gp
Remaining: 4530 gp

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
The soldier, finally home from his long trip, makes his first stop at the pearl, to off load some of the goods he has earned from his latest adventure.

Once he got the transaction finished, Aradra asks the man "I am looking for a few items. Specially, something that will allow me to move quicker, so if I need to make a hasty exit I can run or Fly out."

"Ah, yes. I know just the thing. Just got it in this morning see. Boots of Speed. Click the heals once, and watch as you move in a super quick speed that none will be able to stop you. Allows quickness of weapon attack to, so I've heard."

Aradra nods, then takes a stroll around the shop. Seeing a nice headband, Aradra goes over to inspect it, but the label reads "For smart people"

With a small laugh Aradra looks over to the shop keeper and asks "You have one of these for wiser people than the wizarding sort?" With a sad look the shop keeper shakes his head. "We do have something to replace that broken helmet of yours. Should actually save you from a shot to the head. Also, you seem to be an archery type. I have 2 more items that would interest you; A ring that will let you go on longer scouting missions, and some bracers that will improve you aim, and let you find softer targets."

With a nod Aradra says "I'll take them. Also, do you have any more of these wands available?" He holds up a wand that says "Healing"

Seeing the man shake his head Aradra shrugs and says "I think that will be it for now. I'll be back if I think of something else."
[sblock=Purchasing Time]
Glove of Storing: 1d100=98 Nope :(
Boots of Speed: 1d100=70 Yes! - 12000
Unshakable Resolve: 1d100=92 Nope :(
+2 Wisdom headband: 1d100=99 Nope :( :(
Jingasa of the Fortunate Soldier 1d100=43 Yes! - 5000
Ring of Sustanence: 1d100=61 Yes! - 2500
Wand of CLW (in Shop) - 750
Bracers of the Falcon's Aim: 1d100=19 Yes! - 4000
2nd wand of CLW: 1d100=78 Nope :(

Total Items: 24,250
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
The door slowly creaks open and a shaggy bearded, grey haired old wizard pushes his way into the store. He walks as though in a daze up to the counter where he remains standing, staring blankly into space. Upon the third call of 'Can I help you old fellow?' Relic finally snaps back to the here and now mumbling something about needing to see what they had in stock before being able to make up his mind.

"You see this fine belt? Well, I would like a similar enchantment, only weaker... You have one. Good ... Hrmph. SO Let me think some more..."

+2 Belt of Mighty Constitution=66 Present!

The shopkeeper sighs. After some time and much mumbling into his beard Relic establishes exactly what there is and what there is not present within the confines of the store. Items of interest include:

Lesser Metamagic Rods: Silent=72; Bouncing=12 Both Present!
Efficient Quiver=100 Not Present
Handy Haversack=1 Present
Pearl of Power lvl 2=100 Not Present
Scrolls: Confusion=66; Mad Monkeys=20;Gust of Wind=87
Suffocation=87
Bind Lesser Planar Ally=4; Magic Jar=59
Wand: Glitterdust=47

"Well, let's get started then" Relic mutters, dumping the belt he originally showed on the counter alongside another large assortment of items.

Relic began selling off his loot:

OOC: Sell:

+4 Belt of Mighty Constitution +16000 gp
+1 Darkwood Spellstoring Quarterstaff +8340
2 x Lvl 1 Scrolls (Hypnotism, Moment of Greatness) +50 gp
1 x Lvl 2 Scroll (Spontaneous Immolation) +150 gp
2 x Lvl 3 Scroll (Loathsome Veil; Howling Agony) +750 gp
2 x Lvl 4 Scroll (Fleshworm Infestation; Malicious Spite) +1400 gp
Unused Spell Scribing Ink: +780 gp
Back Pack +2 gp
Total Sold = +27,472 gp

Buy:
+2 Belt of Mighty Constitution -4000 gp
+2 Headband of Vast Intelligence (In Store already) -4000
Lesser Metamagic Rod, SIlent -3000
Lesser Metamagic Rod, Bouncing -3000
Handy Haversack -2000
Scrolls:
lvl 3 Mad Monkeys -375
lvl 4 Confusion -700
lvl 5: Planar Binding, Lesser; Magic Jar -2250
Pearl of power lvl 1 (Already in store) -1000
Wand of Glitterdust -4500

Cloak of Resistance +2 (From previous Adventure non allocated loot) -4000

-28825 gp

28825 - 27472 = 1353 gp Total Spent

Relic hands over the excess gold required and sweeps the gear into his new haversack. "I may be back. There is something I need to look into first ..." And then the crumpled old wizard rustles out the door.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases