[Arcane Row - Venza]The Mystic Pearl

Satin Knights

First Post
A short girl, even for a gnome, enters the Pearl and starts looking around. It takes a while for her to find everything she needs, well, can afford. She wants to buy more, but the white cloaks didn't pay that much. Well, at least they hadn't thrown her in jail. So, she will take the day's pay and stock up.

Mystie takes her finds up to the counter. "These. I will take these." "Ah, that totals up to eight hundred and seventy five gold pieces." Remembering what she had before coming in, she pulls out five gold pieces out of one pouch and sets them on the counter. She pulls one platinum piece out of another pouch, and then sets the rest of the pouch on the counter. "That should add up to what you need." The merchant counts the money, and indeed it does. "Thank you." as he hands over the scrolls, wand and box of herbs and bandages.

750 gp Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1d100=6) success
25 gp Scroll of Endure Elements (1d100=13) success
25 gp Scroll of Comprehend Languages (1d100=33) success
25 gp Scroll of Diagnose Disease (1d100=58) success
--- gp Scroll of Remove Sickness (1d100=99) failed
50 gp Healer's Kit
===
875 gp

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka arrives with Drevezh'korol in tow. Both seem in a hurry and grab Almar Ben Shawari to help with their shopping.

"I need some better armor, like what I'm wearing but magical." Almar smiles and his moustaches twitch. "I have just the thing." "Excellent. I'll take it now." She pulls a large bag of coins from her pack and drops it on the counter. Without a moment of hesitation Elenka begins peeling off her armor. After a brief delay Drevezh'korol and Almar help. Finally, there are two piles of gear and one of gold on the counter.

As Elenka is gathering up her purchases Almar gives her a blank look and slides a silvery wand that looks like a stylized sword in amongst her items. When she protests he continues to look at her blankly and says, "I have no idea what you mean." Considering the strange things that have occurred to her today she lets her protests die barely spoken, nods her acceptance, and says simply, "Thank you." She then steps outside to wait for Arianna and Anaerion.

750 gp Wand LRE (1d100=38) success
750 gp Wand Cure Light Wounds (1d100=88) failed - COMMISSION (1 DMC to hurry)
4000 gp Amulet of Might Fists - Bane Evil Outsiders (1d100=70) success
16000 gp Belt of Giant Str +4 (1d100=72) success
2100 gp +1 Mithril chain shirt - In Stock
630 gp Wand of Shield (42 charges) - In Stock
2000 gp +1 Ring of Protection - In Stock
750 gp Wand Bless Weapon (1d100=96) failed - COMMISSION (1 DMC to hurry)
--- gp +1 Cloak of Resistance (1d100=88) failed
2800 gp Cloak of Fangs (1d100=32)
=======
29,780 gp

SELL:
4000 gp Belt of Giant Str +2
4000 gp +0 Amulet of Mighty Fists (Flaming)
3800 gp Figurine of Wondrous Power (Silver Raven)
2000 gp Gloves of Reconnaissance
1100 gp Mithril chain shirt
1000 gp Muleback Cords
=======
15900 gp

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna is in a hurry today, so she simply draws the hood of her cloak up over her head and makes her away across town quickly. Entering the Pearl, she shops around, hmming and hawing over what would be good for her next endeavor. Seeing Drev is upgrading his belt of might, she tells the shop keeper, "Don't bother putting that away. I will be taking it I think."

Having been neglecting the work of Tanager on the kinder side, she finds a headband that will help her to heal her comrades. Another mighty stick of lengthening spells, healing sticks of both types, anti-toxin and a cure for poison, all of these will help her in her healing duties. Wanting a ring to shorten the time she has to sleep, she looks and looks but doesn't find one. With a bit of haggling, she is able to get them to rush making one. She suspects they are just going out and borrowing one and will make a replacement for whoever they borrowed from.

Now being able to fly, crawling on walls like a spider doesn't seem as necessary, so she sells back a potion that would facilitate that.

The total is high, but not enough to drain her coin purse. Then again, traveling to a pretentious party, it is good to have gold in hand.

...-300 gp Sell a potion of Spider Climb
11,000 gp Phylactery of Positive Channeling (1d100=20) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
..4,000 gp Belt of Strength +2 (That Elenka and Drev just sold)
..4,000 gp Amulet of Mighty Fists +0 with Bane(Evil Outsiders) (1d100=23) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
..3,000 gp Lesser Rod of Metamagic Extend Spell (1d100=75) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
..2,500 gp Ring of Sustenance (1d100=95) failed, Spending 1 DMC for quick commissioning
-------- gp Bead of Newt Prevention (1d100=84) failed
-------- gp First level Pearl of Power (1d100=97) failed
....750 gp Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1d100=63) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
....750 gp Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (1d100=9) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
....400 gp Potion of Summon Eidolon (1d100=18) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
....400 gp Potion of Summon Eidolon (1d100=61) [COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
-------- gp Ioun Torch (1d100=92) failed
....150 gp 3 vials of Anti-toxin
....750 gp Potion of Neutralize Poison (1d100=26)[COLOR=#80f80]success[/COLOR]
=======
27,400 gp

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich walks in after being returned my Pari, gnome druid protector, and after gathering his balance from being jolted from one oak tree to another he enters the mystic pearl for parusing.

wish list:

pearl of power level 1 1000 gp from stock
pearl of power level 3 9000 gp from stock
scroll of wall of fire 700 gp from stock

More musing to come

jackslate45

First Post
Anaerion walks in, ready for his shopping spree. "Ah, Anaerion! We were wondering when you were coming back. Your book has been sitting ready for some time
now. "

The wizard does not seem to hear the man. Going over to the triket area, Anaerion starts picking up random things. He puts it all on the counter, and says "All of these please. Here is the gold"

The merchant whistles and says "You are the 3rd person who is in a hurray today. Must be some big adventure ya?"

"Something like that."

Once done, Anaerion then heads back out the door.

[sblock]
Buy:
Cloak of Resistance +2 (Shop) 4000
Rod of Extend: 1d100=83 Nope
Rod of Piercing Spell: 1d100=70 Yes! 3000
CLW wand: 1d100=31 Yes! 750
Bookplate of Recall: 1d100=71 Yes! 1000
Pearl of Power 1 #1: 1d100=27 1000
Pearl of Power 1 #2: 1d100=29 1000
Ring of Counterspells: 1d100=57 yes 4000

Items Sum: 14,750

Spells: (Binder's Library)
Overland Flight 1125
Break Enchantment 1125
Sending: 1125
Greater Invisibility: 700
Enervation: 700
Black Tentacles: 700
Secure Shelter: 700
Slow: 375
Daylight: 375
Aqueous Orb: 375
Darkvision Communal: 375
Resist energy: Communal: 375
Magic Circle against Evil: 375
See Invisibility: 150
Stone Call: 150
Knock: 150
Mount: 25
Ray of Enfeeblement: 25
Feather Fall: 25
Disguise Self: 25
Vanish: 25
Endure Elements: 25

Spells Final:

Final buy:
14,750+9,400 = 24,150

Sell:
Cloak of Resistance +1 1000

Final: 23,150

[/sblock]

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
A largely muscled half orc enters the shop. "Umm I was told I could get some better armor here and some other special items. I have heard of a liquid that has the heart of fire." The merchant looks him over and suggests some items to help him out. "Here this armor is much is better but still allows movement and a heavier shield will help absorb the enemies blows." Tsaaruck thanks the man pays for his new items with his reward for fighting bees of all things. He smirks and exits the shop.

items purchased:
400 gp Agile Breast Plate 1d100=32 success
100 gp 5 Flasks of alchemical fire 1d100=14 success
7gp Heavy wooden shield normal standard item

Items sold:
10 gp Leather Armor
3 gp Light wooden shield

Balance spent 494 gp

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich walks in after being returned my Pari, gnome druid protector, and after gathering his balance from being jolted from one oak tree to another he enters the mystic pearl for parusing.

wish list:

pearl of power level 1 1000 gp from stock
pearl of power level 3 9000 gp from stock
scroll of wall of fire 700 gp from stock

total spent: 12,700 Bal: ~4000 gp

A Heinrich searches about gathering things of interest when an older gentleman enters with a satchel at his side. a short conversation between he and the merchant and Heinrich hears him and his face brightens up, " Onkle!" he exclaims in a thick olde landelian accent.
" ist goot to see you. I vas on way home to see you. Had to stop here furst "
" He inrich, you made it back safe. Of course. I haf short business here und home. Say, an ole friend come to home, come and see him. he might help you."
"Ja , mein onkle. I will be there."
Without further ado Heinrich continues shopping. "Mein Herr," he says to the merchant, " I vould like to have das amulet made to toughen mein skin." [requesting bonded amulet to be magiced as amulet of natural armor +1, 2000 gp and 2 game days to make. real time to be finished 8 nov 2013, 1700 central US time]

OOC: At this time Heinrich is not available to game until the finish day and time. In game he is being trained to level 9 by a wizardly friend of his uncle.

More musing to come

Satin Knights

First Post
Moving on shorter legs, it took Mystie a little longer to get to the Pearl than it did Qalabash. But, she quickly finds the same barrel of used wands and sorts through until she finds one with the markings intended for novice healers. Finding the bottles, she grabs three of liquid fire, and two for helping those who have been poisoned. A couple whistles sound good too, so she grabs them.

Trading in her full healing wand for the items she found, she has enough for the next part of her grand plan.

Asking about riding dogs, she is directed across town to the eastern edge. There, at the Grand Stables of Venza, she is able to find a good mount that can carry her into combat, or at least to the next village. Along with a good strong dog, she gets a fitted saddle and saddle bags. In the bags, she gets a good supply of food for the pooch.

+750 gp Sell a full Wand of Cure Light Wounds (50/50 charges)
.-375 gp Buy Wand of Cure Light Wounds with only 25 charges (1d100=18) success
..-60 gp Buy 3x Alchemist Fire
.-100 gp Buy 2x vials of Antitoxin
...-10 gp Buy a small tent
-150 gp Buy a combat trained riding dog (at the Grand Stables on the east side of town)
..-20 gp Buy military saddle for riding dog
....-4 gp Buy saddle bags for riding dog
....-2 gp Buy bit and bridle for riding dog
-0.3 gp Buy 6 days of feed for dog
..-0.8 gp Buy signal whistle
..-0.9 gp Buy silent (dog) whistle
....-2 gp Buy 4 days trail rations
======
25 gp in coins

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He was shaking his head as he stumbled back into the shop. Still, money was money, and he was still paid for the job. He strode through the cluttered aisles again picking things up before putting the down again. He moved to the side wall, lined with vials and bottles, and picked out a few flasks of liquid fire. They wouldn't catch him off-guard again. He found some curious leather straps, and asked about them. "Ah yes, those are a favorite of mine! You can carry more without feeling so burdened, allowing you to buy even more things..."
"If you insist. I suppose that could come in handy. Thank you." He left feeling much lighter, though his recent encounter weighed heavy on his heart.

Stopping across town, he picked up a few daggers as well, though he was probably going to end up throwing these away as well. That was the plan, he thought as he headed to back to the Inn.
[sblock=OOC]Purchasing Muleback Cords (1000 GP), five flasks of alchemist fire (100 GP), and 10 daggers (20 GP) from the shops inventory, for a total of 1120 GP. Samad should have 38 left.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases