• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starfinder [Arcanum of the Stars] "Dragonstarfinder"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Bought PDF versions of both the Alien Archive and the Starfinder's Companion today. More fun reading to do... but not tonight. Getting tired. Last night's sleep was rough.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
I have those as well plus a handful of releases from Louis Porter Jr. Designs, and the Starfarer's Codex pdfs of the Witch Legacy Class and the Aeoncarnate Base Class. However, I stuck to the core rulebook when I did the rebuild for Soumral.

KainG

Explorer
Fortunately for Yin Hun and Emiko, the conversion is pretty straight-forward. They'll be Soldier and Operative respectively.

Shayuri

First Post
I think with Thrak I'm going to re-envision him a bit. Make him a Soldier with the Phrenic Adept archetype and a Theme that plays into that sort of thing.

Not worry about trying to port over Psychic Warrior. Far too much work.

One question I have...are we grandfathering the 'Leadership' feat over, or are our companion characters just sort of associated NPCs with no particular attachment to an ability or feat or whatnot?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I think with Thrak I'm going to re-envision him a bit. Make him a Soldier with the Phrenic Adept archetype and a Theme that plays into that sort of thing.

Not worry about trying to port over Psychic Warrior. Far too much work.
Okay, thanks for letting me know. It should make life easier. The core Mercenary theme could be a good choice. There is also the Brute theme listed on the SF 3PPs Wikidot, but that might be to extreme for Thrak. You could use A Wizard Did It's Outlander theme for him too, if you can't find an option you like.

One question I have...are we grandfathering the 'Leadership' feat over, or are our companion characters just sort of associated NPCs with no particular attachment to an ability or feat or whatnot?
I don't think so. I think it's better for you guys to just use your 'cohorts' as extra PCs. Make them two levels lower than your normal PCs. Doing that will divide the XP you guys gain by more characters, and the average PC level will be a bit lower too. I'll make sure I adjust your foes accordingly. Heh.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I have those as well plus a handful of releases from Louis Porter Jr. Designs, and the Starfarer's Codex pdfs of the Witch Legacy Class and the Aeoncarnate Base Class. However, I stuck to the core rulebook when I did the rebuild for Soumral.
It's probably best to stick to things we can all access, which is why the SF SRD site and the wikidot site you pointed out are good resources. But now that I have the Starfarer's Companion, it's available for you guys to use if you have it.

Fortunately for Yin Hun and Emiko, the conversion is pretty straight-forward. They'll be Soldier and Operative respectively.
I didn't want to assume you'd go with a standard conversion, but it's good to know that's your plan. And make sure Emiko is 2 levels lower than Yin Hun. We're not going to worry about using the cohort rules. She will just be a second PC that's a little lower.

Buddha the DM

Explorer
It's probably best to stick to things we can all access, which is why the SF SRD site and the wikidot site you pointed out are good resources. But now that I have the Starfarer's Companion, it's available for you guys to use if you have it.

I did Soumral's build using only the core rulebook despite having access to the other releases. Figured it was safer to do that. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

I did Soumral's build using only the core rulebook despite having access to the other releases. Figured it was safer to do that. :)
No worries. Whatever works.

Remove ads