Starfinder [Arcanum of the Stars] "Dragonstarfinder"

Shayuri

First Post
Hm, and we're buying inventory from Starfinder? Is that applicable immediately, like we're going to be lollygagging around Candlekeep with plasma swords now? :) Makes sense for the spaceborne characters, but I dunno about the Legacy...

They are fairly sweet, but the base stats are quite a bit lower. I found that when I applied all the levelups, I came up with:

Strength (STR) 10 (0)
Dexterity (DEX) 18 (2) +2 racial, +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Constitution (CON) 14 (0) +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Intelligence (INT) 16 (2) +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Wisdom (WIS) 10 (2) -2 racial
Charisma (CHA) 20 (4) +2 racial, +1 theme, +2 lvl, +1 lvl

Almost identical to my previous stats, except I lost 2 points of Wisdom. Which is okay, if a bit of a bummer.

Last edited:

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Looks good. The only part I'd change is for you to not pick some of the Starfinder racial languages. Azlanti, for sure. (There isn't an Azanti Star Empire. Imperial Common would be the core language of the Dragon Empire, but I don't like how generic that sounds, so we can come up with a better name. Draco, perhaps? Putting dragon into Google Translate often comes up with Draak in several languages, so we could use that.) Toss in a few Toril racial languages instead. Or is the plan to make her a non-Toril character? An Outlands elf from another world? If so, she could have campaign racial languages such as Blount, Boru, Crugar, Pershalan, Quasta, Sombra, Ulb, and Wolven.

For Castrovelian, call it Lashunta instead. The Lashunta might have a different background in this universe (as will the other SF core races). If I do end up putting the Pact Worlds in my Arcanum of the Stars setting, it will likely be closer towards the core of the Dragonstar Galaxy. For now, use the racial names if you want to speak language of one of the SF core races. We can change it back later, if required.

EDIT: I'm assuming you revised her stats using the SF rules.

I didn't know whwat to do about her languages known so I started off with the ones that were common to both games/worlds. When I ran out of those I picked a couple SF languages to fill out the remaining selections. I'll scrub a few of the languages and pick a couple from Toril instead. I don't know about making her a non-Toril character. Feels like I'm stunting the character's abilities without using higher levels of tech so it might happen. As for Soumral's general stats I built her according to the rules in the SF core book though I probably should've asked first. That's what happens when you make a ton of characters for that game.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm! I need some tips then from you. How'd you get a 25 and two 18's? Oh, you have some items...I have to look into those.

...now I get it! Nevermind. :)

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Yeah I bought the "ability crystals" to simulate the bonuses that would've been gained from magic items in D&D 3.x or PF. They did away with a lot of that stuff in Starfinder.

Edit: Dropped Azlanti, Castrovelian and Akitonian and took Aglarondan, Chondathan and Cormanthan instead since Soumral is from that area of Toril.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette's theme?

THEME: SPY
You're a skulk, a snoop, someone who makes a living finding out things other people would rather you not know. Maybe you worked for an intelligence agency, or maybe you were more of a freelancer; a secretive information broker or a private detective. Regardless, you know how to do the legwork, who to talk to, and how to cover your tracks. Authorities never feel entirely safe with you around, but your services are entirely too valuable to eliminate you.

Theme Knowledge: When making a Diplomacy roll to gather information or a Culture roll to recall information about a person, subtract 5 from the DC. Diplomacy or Culture is a class skill for you, or gain +1 if you already have the chosen skill as a class skill from your 1st level class. Gain +1 to Charisma at character creation.

Ear to the Ground (6th level): Gathering information with Diplomacy takes half the time, and you reduce the penalty to Stealth for moving at up to normal speed by half.

Something on Everyone (12th level): If you succeed on a Culture check to recall information, or a Diplomacy check to gather information, about an individual you can use Diplomacy (maybe Bluff?) to Bully or Demoralize someone as if it was the Intimidate skill as you put your purloined secrets to good use. This only functions once per individual per day.

Master Spy (18th level): When you learn something embarrassing or incriminating about someone who's in a position to be of use to you, recover 1 Resolve point. If you can either approach the subject and use that information to successfully extort valuables or service from them, or sell the information for valuables or favors to one of their rivals, recover a second Resolve point.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hm, and we're buying inventory from Starfinder? Is that applicable immediately, like we're going to be lollygagging around Candlekeep with plasma swords now? :) Makes sense for the spaceborne characters, but I dunno about the Legacy...
The issue is that SF rules don't give a whole lot of low-tech options, which is a bit of an issue. That's why I said to pick only analog based gear. I would have said archaic gear if there were more options for that in the book.

Hopefully the Armory book will fix the issue, but it's going to be a while before it comes out.

Shayuri said:
They are fairly sweet, but the base stats are quite a bit lower. I found that when I applied all the levelups, I came up with:

Strength (STR) 10 (0)
Dexterity (DEX) 18 (2) +2 racial, +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Constitution (CON) 14 (0) +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Intelligence (INT) 16 (2) +2 lvl, +2 lvl
Wisdom (WIS) 10 (2) -2 racial
Charisma (CHA) 20 (4) +2 racial, +1 theme, +2 lvl, +1 lvl

Almost identical to my previous stats, except I lost 2 points of Wisdom. Which is okay, if a bit of a bummer.
Yes, the base stats before any bonuses have to start no higher than 18.

Shayuri

First Post
Analog only, works for me. Did you have a chance to check out the v.2 of the Beguiler class I put up a couple of pages back? I think it got kind of buried. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hm! I need some tips then from you. How'd you get a 25 and two 18's? Oh, you have some items...I have to look into those.

Yeah I bought the "ability crystals" to simulate the bonuses that would've been gained from magic items in D&D 3.x or PF. They did away with a lot of that stuff in Starfinder.
I was wondering about that too. I missed the section on Personal Upgrades when I was skimming through the Augmentations section. I like those options. Mystic Crystals for the win. :cool:

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Analog only, works for me. Did you have a chance to check out the v.2 of the Beguiler class I put up a couple of pages back? I think it got kind of buried. :)
Not yet. I had therapy today and I had to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with my sister about my life and my limitations.

Anyway, I'll take a look either tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Remove ads