Starfinder [Arcanum of the Stars] "Dragonstarfinder"

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Work continues on Soumral but I do have her melee options done (see below). She's going to be a nightmare.

Melee zero-edge longsword +16 (7d8+18 S; crit severe wound; analog)
Melee zero-edge dagger +17 (6d4+11 S; analog, operative)

Buddha the DM

Explorer
Focusing on Strength then instead of Dexterity?

Her strength only grants her a +4 bonus. Weapon specialization grants a big part of the plus to damage that Soumral gets.

Weapon Specialization: Soumral adds her character level to the damage she deals with most basic melee weapons, advanced melee weapons and sniper weapons, and half her character level to the damage she deals with operative melee weapons and small arms. This is already added in to her attacks above.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm! Operative quality lets you use Dexterity? Is that only for operatives? I must read up on this stuff, hee hee!

[sblock=Beguiler Class (rev2)]CLASS: BEGUILER
Key Ability: Charisma

Skills: 6 + Int modifier; Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Culture (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Engineering (Int), Mysticism (Wis), Perception (Wis), Profession (Cha, Int, or Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Stealth (Dex)

Proficiencies: Light Armor, Basic Melee (analog only), Bows

1 0 Cloaked Casting
2 1 Beguiler Trick
3 2 Improved Feint, Mystic Skullduggery +1, Weapon Specialization
4 3 Bonus Feat
5 3 Beguiler Trick
6 4 Mystic Skullduggery +2
7 5 Bonus Feat
8 6 Beguiler Trick
9 6 Mystic Skullduggery +3
10 7 Bonus Feat
11 8 Beguiler Trick
12 9 Mystic Skullduggery +4
13 9 Bonus Feat
14 10 Beguiler Trick
15 11 Mystic Skullduggery +5
16 12 Bonus Feat
17 12 Beguiler Trick
18 13 Mystic Skullduggery +6
19 14 Bonus Feat
20 15 Fuse Spells, Beguiler Trick

Cloaked Casting: A Beguiler casting a spell against a flat-footed target has +1 to the spell's save DC. At 8th level the spell gains +2 versus spell resistance. At 14th level the bonus to save DC becomes +2.

Improved Feint: Gain as a bonus feat

Mystic Skullduggery: Insight bonus to Bluff or Stealth (chosen when first applied), and Mysticism.

Bonus Feats can be chosen from: Spell Focus, Greater Feint, Artful Misdirection, Expanded Beguiler Training, Mass Enchantment, or any of the Technology Feats (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/feats.html). All feats chosen must satisfy normal prerequisites.

Fuse Spells: As Technomancer

Beguiler Tricks
2nd level
Stygian Step (Gain 50% miss chance as part of a move action with 1 resolve; at 10th level spend 2 resolve to become incorporeal instead)
Quick Disguise (as Operative)
Takes One To Know One (gain +2 to save vs Enchantment and Illusion; increases to +4 at 10th lvl)
Hidden Signs (Bluff roll vs Perception of onlookers to conceal spellcasting as normal activity)

5th level
Subtle Spell (1 resolve to cast spell without making any noise, or without needing to make gestures; at 10th lvl 2 resolve for both)
Surefooted (as operative)
Alter Aura (Contest Mysticism vs Caster level of spells attempting to determine alignment)

8th level
Mentalist's Bane (as operative)
Holographic Distraction (as operative)
Master of Disguise (as Operative)
Wraith Strike (When attacking a flat-footed opponent, do 1d4 extra damage in melee or within 40', add 1d4 each 3 levels gained beyond 8)

11th level
Glimpse the Truth (as operative)
Baleful Touch (spend 2 resolve to Stygian Step through foe, doing Wraith Strike dmg with d8s. Requires Stygian Step and Wraith Strike)
Dusk Aura (spend 1 resolve to lower light level 1 step in own space, lasts lvl/3 rounds)
Hide in Plain Sight (use Stealth to hide even if observed as long as shadows are within 10')

14th level
Quickened Spell (2 resolve to cast 0 lvl spell, 4 to cast 1st level spell, 6 to cast 2nd level spell as a move action)
Swift Feint (Roll Bluff to feint as a swift action)
Incorporeal Anatomy (spend 1 resolve as reaction when critically hit, or hit by Trick Attack; extra dmg from these is negated)
Dauntless Deception (gain Will save against True Seeing when it is used to attempt to see through your illusion effects)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Nice! Very glad to see this is an option for at least some weapons! :)

Also glad to see it's automatic. Saves me a feat!

Hm...how are we doing attributes? Revising them via Starfinder rules, or porting them over straight from 3.5e?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here she is. I think I've got everything listed where it should be.

Soumral Shadewalker: Elf Female; Spacefarer Operative 14 (Specialization: Ghost)
Looks good. The only part I'd change is for you to not pick some of the Starfinder racial languages. Azlanti, for sure. (There isn't an Azanti Star Empire. Imperial Common would be the core language of the Dragon Empire, but I don't like how generic that sounds, so we can come up with a better name. Draco, perhaps? Putting dragon into Google Translate often comes up with Draak in several languages, so we could use that.) Toss in a few Toril racial languages instead. Or is the plan to make her a non-Toril character? An Outlands elf from another world? If so, she could have campaign racial languages such as Blount, Boru, Crugar, Pershalan, Quasta, Sombra, Ulb, and Wolven.

For Castrovelian, call it Lashunta instead. The Lashunta might have a different background in this universe (as will the other SF core races). If I do end up putting the Pact Worlds in my Arcanum of the Stars setting, it will likely be closer towards the core of the Dragonstar Galaxy. For now, use the racial names if you want to speak language of one of the SF core races. We can change it back later, if required.

EDIT: I'm assuming you revised her stats using the SF rules.

Last edited:

Remove ads