Pathfinder 1E Are giants too strong?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
[MENTION=2518]Derren[/MENTION] - honestly if giants were good at throwing rocks, it would match giant folklore. The fact that giants in 3x+ aren't good rock throwers just adds to the overall lameness of giants as a monster of the game. Strength is all giants have, so arguments of them being too strong, is about as reasonable as considering giants too tall. Giants are supposed to be giant, which means strong, and at least according to folklore dangerous rock throwers. While I prefer 3x/PF for lots of things, how they depict giants is not one of them.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Thats your opinion. I am quite content with having humanoid enemies which are not equally effective at range and in melee. After all the party's barbarian isn't, so why should all enemies?
And I haven't heard many complains so far that Trolls and Ogres aren't much good at range either.

The difference is that throwing rocks is a signature ability of giants in the minds of many, both gamers and those who read fantasy. As a signature ability you would expect them to be good at it... else it wouldn't be a signature ability.

Remove ads