Pathfinder 1E Are people still playing Pathfinder 1e?

Still playing Pathfinder 1e, and not going to stop.
With my "D&D" fellows, we started in 1986 with AD&D, went through all editions, found that 4e sucked, found Pathfinder - and stayed there.
For us it has enough options for a lifetime. Although it's all online (another big plus compared to D&D), we got almost all the rule books (at least the hardcovers).

With a friend and our kids we're also playing D&D 5e (I like it), but my son (now 19) would prefer PF because of the different "power level"...

Anyway, game mechanics is second to playing and meeting with good (very old...) friends.

Yanjidijian

Explorer
PF-1e will likely remain my primary edition of choice, but I don't need Automatic Bonus Progression, Mythic, Gestalt, Occult and most of the other add-ons. Yes I had played in games that included all of those at once, but they are not necessary. My favorite character concept is still a CG elven wizard.

Coming to an end with it, in the next year or so when things are wrapped up.
Power creep got too much as books were released, I don't like it above 9th level anymore, and it's starting to feel old and creaky ( and I have those qualities myself!!).

I’ve just started a Carrion Crown game. Session 0 last week and we get started tonight, in earnest. I’m super stoked.

I’ve had the most success as a GM in PF1 games. I just love 3.pf as a game system. Warts and all.

Agreed it can get to be unplayable above 12th to 14th level. Especially with optimizing players.

Remove ads